Hacking Question Question about NAND backup

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've been messing around with ReiNX and Hekate, need to go online on my console. So if I restore my NAND backup made before getting an error message, that would most likely scrub that off of my console, right?
So Nintendo won't get the error message sent to them? I could always delete the logs in Hekate but I think that would just increase the chances of being banned imo.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been messing around with ReiNX and Hekate, need to go online on my console. So if I restore my NAND backup made before getting an error message, that would most likely scrub that off of my console, right?
So Nintendo won't get the error message sent to them? I could always delete the logs in Hekate but I think that would just increase the chances of being banned imo.
That's why some people made NAND backups prior to hacking their console. Its a "safer" way of clearing logs because you're not actually clearing the logs (which 5.X firmwares can detect).

Reactions: Ian095

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's why some people made NAND backups prior to hacking their console. Its a "safer" way of clearing logs because you're not actually clearing the logs (which 5.X firmwares can detect).

Thank god lol. Yeah, the only thing I had done prior to my backup was playing that fan game Zelda port shortly via Hekate having never loaded up anything else other than going onto the Homebrew channel for that.
Hopefully, I'll be safe then I just need to update my console and download Pokemon Quest. Really can't be bothered going through the effort to try to avoid burning fuses since I don't own any games that have updates past 4.1.0 and that other method just looks like hell when it seems the community is split between those who carelessly update and those who want a softmod and I'm not the biggest expert at this. Thanks for answering!

Ok I've no idea how that posted a thousand times.... woops.

austin5623

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do a partial backup, which would back up the nand in 2gb parts, but halfway through you would have to take out the sd card and put it in your computer so you can copy the parts over and delete them from the sd card.

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I updated to 5.1.0 (rip me ruined my chances to downgrade to 4.1.0) guessing I should make new backups, don't imagine the old ones would work anymore haha.

benson733

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I updated to 5.1.0 (rip me ruined my chances to downgrade to 4.1.0) guessing I should make new backups, don't imagine the old ones would work anymore haha.

You will need a new nand dump now. The old dumps would cause a system panic and it would not boot up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol