War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'll make it short and sweet. I don't want to risk going online for obvious reasons. I'm going to a friend's house this weekend - he has his own 360, completely legit and everything. I want to know if its possible for me to put my HD in his 360, go online, and download demos and games. I wouldn't get banned for that since I'd be using his console, right? Also, once I put my HD back in my own 360, I'd have those games and demos? Thanks in advance.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You'd have the demos...but you must be on live if you want to play the full games you downloaded on your 360. The things you download on his 360 are linked to his console only.

But...since you've kept your console offline and I assume your 360 isn't that new, there has been a new exploit with 360 hacking...that works with something called XBReboot. Allows you to run homebrew as well as things you you might download on a certain "marketplace". Though I never actually looked at what the exploit is and what exactly can XBReboot do because my 360 isn't exploitable.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I've downloaded XBLA games before and I can play them while offline just fine. Also, I was under the impression that XBLA games and demos were tied to the account/HD, not the console itself. And lastly, I think that XBReboot thing only works for older 360s that haven't received the summer update.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can play XBLA games offline if you downloaded them using your console. Since you're using someone elses, it won't work. The exploit, which is actually JTAG, works if your dashboard kernel is lower than 2.0.8495.0. You can check by looking at the system info in console settings.

driverzx

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can safely play online with you HDD on another, un-modded console. No matter what. THey don't have the right to ban you: the console you're on isn't modded. If you really are going to play a lot of XBLA, buy one of these transfer cables from DX and put those games from your PC to your HDD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...