Hacking Question about 1.76. What not to do?

Kawaii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have just bought a PS4 with FW v1.76.
Would like to keep the firmware but still enjoying the PS4 games available.

1) What games can be played on FW 1.76, is there any restriction to newer games requiring latest firmware?
2) Does PS4 games comes with firmware update?
3) is there any other methods to prevent PS4 from updating itself apart from not connecting to the internet?

Thanks

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
1. AFAIK, there isn't any official list of games that require >1.76, but it's a given any game released after firmware 2.0 was put out will need to be updated. That was around Oct. 2014, so I imagine any game released in 2015+ will require a firmware > 1.76.
2. Yes.
3. Not really. You could probably use some custom filters on your router (if it supports it) to block the PS4 from accessing any Sony servers, but that'd be just an additional pain in the ass compared to simply disabling internet on the PS4. Besides, just about everything that requires an internet connection on the PS4 will force you to update to use it, so there's no point in leaving it connected.

Honestly, you might as well either stop touching your PS4 until some major exploits and hacks come about, or get another PS4 to use for legit stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat