Homebrew QTFDS (Quake Team Fortress DS)

krutwild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. If any of you guys have a slot 2 ram expansion pack such as ez 3 in 1, try this mod out. Its a mod of quake that turns it into Quake Team Fortress. Once again, you MUST have a slot 2 ram expansion. Everything is in the winrar zip file so just put everything in the root of your flash card. Its pretty fun, but I havent played with anyone yet. To play over wifi, just do what you do to play over wifi in quake ds. To play a map, go to settings and go to 'go to console' and type in [map (map name like 2fort5 or aztec1)] i.e map 2fort5. Here is a complete list of all the maps i have included:
2brave1
2fort5
alcatraz
Aztec1
FOG2
sewer1
z7
You can add your own maps, but be sure to put them in the pak0.pak file. I have made two videos of it which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpCnpIjdQU4 UPDATE: I have added the new skins and models and they look great! Unfortunately the dispenser, sniper rifle, turret base, and railgun models dont show up. If someone can help me I would really appreciate it. UPDATED: Finally, here is the NEW download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/il1lt4
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to comment or send me a private message.
Enjoy and thanks for reading.
Thanks go to HYPERMETAL for doing all of this, id software for Quake, and my mom.

Reactions: anotherthing

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
krutwild said:
Hey everyone. If any of you guys have a slot 2 ram expansion pack such as ez 3 in 1, try this mod out. Its a mod of quake that turns it into Quake Team Fortress. Once again, you MUST have a slot 2 ram expansion. Everything is in the winrar zip file so just put everything in the root of your flash card. Its pretty fun, but I havent played with anyone yet. To play over wifi, just do what you do to play over wifi in quake ds. To play a map, go to settings and go to 'go to console' and type in [map (map name like 2fort5 or aztec1)] i.e map 2fort5. Here is a complete list of all the maps i have included:
2brave1
2fort5
alcatraz
Aztec1
FOG2
sewer1
z7
You can add your own maps, but be sure to put them in the pak0.pak file. I have made two videos of it which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpCnpIjdQU4 Finally, here is the download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/4djpk2

Enjoy and thanks for reading.
Thanks go to HYPERMETAL for doing all of this, id software for Quake, and my mom.

Your mom? She has haxxor skills I assume?

Anyway, if its a true Team Fortress game, then I cannot give you enough +1's for this. I'll have to give it a go. Looks awesome, thanks a bunch.

Reactions: orangy57

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
Whoa dude sweet. Now I just have to find my 3in1. Would love to see someone test out the wifi and confirm it works?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
This is pretty awesome.

Does anybody know how I can put both this and the usual Quake onto my flashcart? I'm not afraid to mess with the NDS file if anybody can tell me how.

krutwild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you only need one copy of the nds file. all you need to do is change the QDSOPTS.TXT file like thi to play quake team fortress: -game FORTRESS -yestcp

Aganar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WANT!

The irony of this is that if I bought a 3in1 for the sole purpose of playing Team Fortress on my DS, I would have paid more for it than I did for TF2...

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
krutwild said:
you only need one copy of the nds file. all you need to do is change the QDSOPTS.TXT file like thi to play quake team fortress: -game FORTRESS -yestcp

Ahh but the game replaces one of the .pak files from the original game therefore I need some other method such as 2 copies of the Quake nds file with one of them coded to load the files from a different location.

Also for some reason TF can't connect to my router but Quake can.

a2h

Trophies
XP
Country
Aah, Team Fortress.

I've only played Team Fortress 2, but if there's any TFC lovers they'll probably like this very much.

I once saw a video of TFC.

"Your. Team. Has. The. Flag."

EDIT:

Yes this is Team Fortress. Valve ported it to GoldSrc, and that version is _now_ named Team Fortress Classic. It was ported as a demonstration.

ChuckMcB

Trophies
Website
www.ds-xtra.com
XP
Country
> Yes this is Team Fortress

Technically it's QW TF aka QuakeWorld Team Fortress (broadly speaking QuakeWorld was a version of Quake1 that supported TCP/IP for online play and was the reason I left AOL and joined a local ISP with their own QW servers)

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This. Is. EPIC. Really. You did a great job there and we all love you for it. I LOVE TF and now thanks to you I can play it on mah DS!
yaynds.gif

Dsmanic!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is fantastic! I use this with Xreaper with Cquake and I get new weapons & sfx!

Big question. Is it possible to set up servers for Team Fortress? (for DS). I really want to play this online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Hi