Homebrew {Q} Using browser on 9.2?

fangedup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this is the wrong thread. I purchased a 7.2 old regular black 3DS and it was trying to force me to update to use the browser. I was told to purchase Smash 3DS and update to 9.2, so I did. I am still having the same issue. It won't allow me to use the browser at all. I do not own any flash carts, I simply wish do to browser exploits and what not. I was told in the Noob Paradise thread to try either this section or the rom hacking section. Does anyone have any ideas? Could I maybe bypass the message? I apologize if this shouldn't be posted here.
Edit : I apologize for the double post. Gbatemp has been loading quite slowly on all my devices and the double post was an accident

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
whoever told you to buy smshbros to update wasted your time, on cart updates don't update the browser version, currently there is nothing you can do, only "possibly in the future" solution would be gateway releasing access to the zelda exploit for o3DS

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another option is getting cubic ninja when there's a another ninjhax mod/equivalent without the browser and install the web browser with FBI. Been told it's possible but I'd wait until it is out or another alternative is released.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
whoever told you to buy smshbros to update wasted your time, on cart updates don't update the browser version, currently there is nothing you can do, only "possibly in the future" solution would be gateway releasing access to the zelda exploit for o3DS

Yellows8 released the exploit code for OOT... Maybe someone could port it to O3DS? (I think Yellows8 sold the exploit to GW. How strange that Gateway just so happened to 'exploit' OOT, right? Such a conspiracy... Not long after GW releasing GW support, Yellows8 releases the code and says that's the hack has existed for 2 years +...)

iSubaru

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
Wait a second. As far as I understand, the user has now Old 3DS with Sysnand 9.2.x that means he/she can use Gateway as it is as long as update won't be done.
Then we can do Emunand, update to 9.7.x and voila, we have newest browser.

iSubaru

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
...oooh right my bad.
That's quite difficult situation I must say.
I suspect that downgrade stuff to 4.5.x requires browser as well (to get to Gateway to do downgrade).
Sky3DS or whatever called won't do the trick either probably.
Maybe the old ways can do something (Zelda / NinjaHax / Something else).
It's probably the only hope (unless Gateway will find some way to have native launching with "newest" software version at the moment even if short one).

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...oooh right my bad.
That's quite difficult situation I must say.
I suspect that downgrade stuff to 4.5.x requires browser as well (to get to Gateway to do downgrade).
Sky3DS or whatever called won't do the trick either probably.
Maybe the old ways can do something (Zelda / NinjaHax / Something else).
It's probably the only hope (unless Gateway will find some way to have native launching with "newest" software version at the moment even if short one).

I think the only option is to wait until there's a browserless way to booting up gateway like the miiplaza exploit and booting up gateway to install the browser cia or downgrade. Too bad Gateway didn't release that. :(

nanchan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Similar situation, but I was on 3.x version without a browser.
Buy a game to update to 5.x, still no browser.
Used Acekard DS card to install DS exploit and launch gateway menu for downgrade. After downgrade, I have the 4.x broswer. Looks like downgrade comes with a browser. After downgrade, used cfw to install a 9.x browser.

pseudov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Similar situation, but I was on 3.x version without a browser.
Buy a game to update to 5.x, still no browser.
Used Acekard DS card to install DS exploit and launch gateway menu for downgrade. After downgrade, I have the 4.x broswer. Looks like downgrade comes with a browser. After downgrade, used cfw to install a 9.x browser.

How did you get the DS profile exploit to work under 5.x? I thought it only worked up to 4.5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: