Hacking Q: Status on SX OS crack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I gotta say, it was worth every last penny paying for working and supported software that is 1/3 the price of one overpriced Nintendo game. Don't bother cracking it and just buy it... I'm a cheapo like the next guy but I haven't regretted getting SX OS on day one and it just keeps getting better. Yeah they aren't angels but pay the people for their continued hard work and support (and a CFW that ACTUALLY exists in the real world)...

Last edited by Albytrozz,
Reactions: yanhaot and mowsie

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really a feature. But ok, it is maybe a feature for you
Their "EmuNAND" is just a copy of your NAND on the NAND, so dangerous. But quick bans can be a feature too I guess.
NAND dump is possible on Hekate for way longer than on SX OS.
AutoRCM is possible on Hekate too.
GPT repair is needed for SX, because it can fock up your NAND while creating the "EmuNAND".
Every CFW is easy to use.
Presentation is not a feature or something CFW can do.

XCI loading is the only good feature it has against the free competition.

Your definition of "features" is a whole lot different than Webster dictionary.

Last edited by 210modz,
Reactions: Albytrozz

mowsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do everything SX OS offers in other free CFW, no need for a SX OS crack at this point. Only thing you miss is a XCI loader, but there are tools to encrypt nsp's with standard crypto removing the ticket issues, the only benefit of using XCIs anyway.

Is this a joke? Goodbye respect.

Most XCI users don't give a shit about the ticket issue, it's about convenience. Glad to know where you stand when it comes to speaking for the entire community though.

Reactions: hms and Albytrozz

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im almost anticipating a post that claims SX OS causes SoC degradation any minute. Why are people so keen to jump on bandwagons these days?

Last edited by subcon959,
Reactions: xabier

mowsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hah, "people with little understanding" I find it amusing when peoples only defence is something along those lines.

1. Yes online is compromised heavily due to erpt including TotalNADNSize as a parameter.

2. No, there is in fact large risks associated with directly modifying the NAND by creating a new partition. It's a delicate process if the user has no backup of the full NAND, and there is loss of power or other issues during the creation process they will face potentially being permanently bricked.

Again I am not the only one claiming this, Reswitched, Hexkyz, Xortroll and several others can back me up on this without issue. You have the short end of the stick in this scenario.

Any respect I had for you is completely gone. The dual boot doesn't shrink the original nand, it shrinks the copy. Your reasoning as to how this makes you bannable is based on total bullshit.

Do not take this guy's posts as fact.

Pacote

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Internal trinket + Free CFW any day of the week....

For me is the best bang for the buck.

and I install everything from the SX OX cracked (rommanager) :)

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
theres not really a difference they take up literally kilibytes more

More space and you have to install them. So nothing like it at all.

yes but is having to wait a few minutes worth the $40

Your ever shifting argument is very tiring. One minute you say it's the same, when you get challenged it changes to the difference isn't worth the money.

This thread is clearly for people who want the functionality without paying for it, so the cost is irrelevant. Where will your argument go next?

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: mowsie

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need the crack. Free cfws can do everything now (except directly loading XCI which is irrelevant because installing them makes so much more sense)

I want reasons. Why is installing NSPs more senseful? To me it makes no sense. XCI is far better in every way as far as I could see. Easy moving and removing from the SD card, no need to take forever to move it then take forever to install it. No ABSOLUTE NEED to have a Nintendo Switch just to delete games. So how is NSPs more senseful? I almost never install games directly to my Switch due to the storage limit. So putting in a MicroSD is sort of like putting in a cartridge for the game. Except now it's just harder to remove them while being equivalent to cartridges anyway... How is this better? It's the same thing as XCI except it is more of a hassle and nuisance to have. ._.

NSP PROS

Can be installed to system storage
Features eShop games that never got cartridge releases.

NSP CONS

Must install each. So you need double the space. ._.
Cannot easily be deleted without a Nintendo Switch console.
(I don't install to System memory so pro #1 is useless.)

XCI PROS

Can be easily removed from SD without Nintendo Switch and maintained.
Does not need to be installed.
Does not need double the space.

XCI CONS:

Cannot be put on the system memory. (But I wouldn't do this anyway so it is hardly a con.)
Does not include any eShop exclusives.
Must be mounted... But who cares.

For both you need to be in CFW to even play. (I think it wasn't like this before 6.0.0.)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want reasons. Why is installing NSPs more senseful? To me it makes no sense. XCI is far better in every way as far as I could see. Easy moving and removing from the SD card, no need to take forever to move it then take forever to install it. No ABSOLUTE NEED to have a Nintendo Switch just to delete games. So how is NSPs more senseful? I almost never install games directly to my Switch due to the storage limit. So putting in a MicroSD is sort of like putting in a cartridge for the game. Except now it's just harder to remove them while being equivalent to cartridges anyway... How is this better? It's the same thing as XCI except it is more of a hassle and nuisance to have. ._.

NSP PROS

Can be installed to system storage
Features eShop games that never got cartridge releases.

NSP CONS

Must install each. So you need double the space. ._.
Cannot easily be deleted without a Nintendo Switch console.
(I don't install to System memory so pro #1 is useless.)

XCI PROS

Can be easily removed from SD without Nintendo Switch and maintained.
Does not need to be installed.
Does not need double the space.

XCI CONS:

Cannot be put on the system memory. (But I wouldn't do this anyway so it is hardly a con.)
Does not include any eShop exclusives.
Must be mounted... But who cares.

For both you need to be in CFW to even play. (I think it wasn't like this before 6.0.0.)
You also cannot load updates or DLC with .XCI exclusively meaning you must download those officially in order to use them whereas .NSP support grants me everything .XCI offers.

Reactions: Don Jon

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You also cannot load updates or DLC with .XCI exclusively meaning you must download those officially in order to use them whereas .NSP support grants me everything .XCI offers.

Really I swear I downloaded updates for Breath of the Wild and DLC, mounted the .XCI and it was there.... Am I just make believing things? I can't recall but I assumed that worked the same way. If that is the case then yeah.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really I swear I downloaded updates for Breath of the Wild and DLC, mounted the .XCI and it was there.... Am I just make believing things? I can't recall but I assumed that worked the same way. If that is the case then yeah.
Only recently did we get an .XCI builder so if it was before September 2nd, you either mistook it for an .XCI file when it was really just an .NSP or you just loaded the .NSP with an .XCI file which works because the Switch doesn't care what format the game is in.

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"you just loaded the .NSP with an .XCI file which works because the Switch doesn't care what format the game is in."

I understand there are NSP -> XCI and I probably got one of those. But what doe sthis mean? How can you load an NSP with an XCI? I meant I installed NSP updates to use for cartridges/xci. Maybe I am missing something.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"you just loaded the .NSP with an .XCI file which works because the Switch doesn't care what format the game is in."

I understand there are NSP -> XCI and I probably got one of those. But what doe sthis mean? How can you load an NSP with an XCI? I meant I installed NSP updates to use for cartridges/xci. Maybe I am missing something.
When you install a .NSP file, it unpacks .NCA files which then get stored into a console. For DLC and games, they need a ticket in order to be used otherwise they ask for you to verify you own the software. Downloading an update/DLC is functionally equivalent to installing them as .NSP files since they go in the same place. They don't get installed into whatever game format you are using; they are installed either into the console or the SD card (but the tickets are always installed into the console).

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes. I know this. NCA files get unpacked and etc. Yes.

But XCIs are to read the unpacked NSP data, correct?

EDIT: In the end, the XCI (Source, not NSP > XCI) still reads the DLC and Updates, right?

EDIT 2: Wait, is this all replying to "Before the 6.0.0 update"? Then thanks for clearing that up. I thoughtI remember lying NSP-installed games without being in CF W Before 6.0.0... Was just asking for confirmation.

Last edited by Grmmish,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock