Hacking [Q] How do I play Isos on a 8955 IExtreme X360?

Tzvish77

OP
Trophies
Website
www.tzveeka.com
XP
Country
Iceland
Hello,
I have extensively searched the forums and web for a solution to this, I have a jasper x360 that hasn't been used in 4 years, it came with about 10 old home brew games which are burned DVD and it executes them great.
I want to be able to play Isos from external drive but from what I read this version (8955) doesn't support loading files from external hdds...

Where do I start and what do I do ?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ehh, if you got a DVD with homebrew games then you most likely got a JTAG mate.
Flashed consoles cannot execute homebrew at all.

Where'd you start?
Press the eject button to boot your console.
If it boots to a blue screen saying XeLLous then you've got a JTAG.
If you have then follow this tutorial and this one.
One will update your console and the other will let you install FSD + guide you in the direction to execute games off off the internal HDD (which is upgradable with ANY stock 2.5 inch lappy drive)

Tzvish77

OP
Trophies
Website
www.tzveeka.com
XP
Country
Iceland
The eject button does not boot into blue screen or xell also I tried doing it with the svideo cable and not the hdmi and still no blue screen on boot, as this is a 2009 hacked machine I think it's pre boot screen age, also for most games like I said I need to insert a load disk before inserting the home brew DVD

How shall I continue?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To me knowledge, there's literally no way of executing homebrew on a unmodded 360.
Unless it's the King kong hack (which is the only way to achieve homebrew via discs but it requires dash 4548), there's none.

Either you've been misinformed or you've got some real obscure way to execute homebrew.
Personally, I'd like to see you execute it tho.

Anyway, I'd personally take out the DVD drive and flash back a stock DVD firmware, then update the box to the latest system update and stick an Xkey into it.
If you do not care about XBLive then I'd suggest updating it to 14699 and stick a Coolrunner chip in it (RGHing the console)
Or update it to the latest one and stick a Coolrunner 4 into it (CR4 will be released the coming month)

RGHing it will require soldering skills.
The Xkey could be pulled off without much effort.

Tzvish77

OP
Trophies
Website
www.tzveeka.com
XP
Country
Iceland
I can record a video of myself doing this,

If by homebrew you mean I can burn an ISO image to a D-DVDr and play it then yes,
What are the chances of that happening and still not being able to boot with Eject button to a blue screen?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Homebrew we see as emulators and home made games and various system tools.
All unsigned code.

Old Ixtreme firmwares had a activation disk that had to be loaded before loading backups.
Backups are burned ISO games of games to a DVD+R DL

chevowner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can record a video of myself doing this,

If by homebrew you mean I can burn an ISO image to a D-DVDr and play it then yes,
What are the chances of that happening and still not being able to boot with Eject button to a blue screen?

It could have a really old version of xell that IIRC you needed to turn it on via the controller plugged into the rear USB port to use it.

The safest way to verify what has been done would be to open the console carefully and look for wires soldered to various points.

EDIT
8955 seems to be around the time that it could have something like that.
Let me see if my old 360 files tell me anything.

chevowner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I remember the wired controller was only included in the early budget systems that had no HDD.
I tried to look this up, but it seems it is too old for good information. I did see that a play and charge cable would not work for this.
I bought my wired controllers separately because I can use them on PCs and my 360.
From what I can tell the wired Xbox 360 controller for Windows is just a wired Xbox 360 controller with different packaging.

chevowner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then again, running an activator disc before running homebrew...
Bit odd imho.

I have not kept up on recent 360 modding news.

Here is a line from iXtreme-THX v1.6 readme (yes I still have files that old backed up)
One shot boot mode! - allows a one off boot of gamedisc without -stealth/partition checks (will still use stealth), use activate.iso disk to activate each time!

chevowner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old activator discs for playing backups was a common practice in the old days.

Actual homebrew couldn't be executed without JTAG.

Yes, but you are missing my point.

The dash on the console is old, and the fact that an activator is mentioned makes it a real possibility that this console was in fact jtaged when the eject button was not used to boot xell.
Based on that IMO it would be a bad idea to assume that it had not been modded based on the assumption that has not because it does not boot xell(or whatever it is called now) by pressing the eject button.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If it was JTAG hacked then homebrew could run without a activation disc.
I still have me doubts about it tho.

OP, could you perhaps burn the XeXmenu CD to a CD and launch that without an activation disc.
If it boots to XeXMenu then you got a JTAG console.
If it doesn't, it's flashed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi