Psychonauts 2 Announced!

hlblqc1trkcuhabk9caq.png

Developer Double Fine announced a sequel to the much-loved 10-year old adventure-platformer Psychonauts at The Game Awards tonight. Set a little after the events of the first game, which was set in a summer camp that provided training for mind-invading acrobats, it’ll follow Raz’s continuing adventures through the minds of other people as a professional Psychonaut.

It’s going to be crowd-funded through Fig, a platform that lets pledgers actually become investors rather than just contributors, and Double Fine is looking for $3.3 million from fans (a nod to how much Broken Age raised). The rest of the development budget will be contributed by Double Fine itself, and outside investors.

:arrow: SOURCE

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like I'll be dusting off the first game and playing this on my pcsx2 since my wife is out of town at her moms and has my ps2 with my swap magic discs lol thank the gods the pcsx2 has come a long ways :D

I had allot of fun with the first game just never had the chance to finish it lol much like beyond good and evil (need a sequel to that game too) :D

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before everyone proceeds to skewer Tim Schafer again I think it's safe to say after viewing the entire Broken Age documentary that he's not asking for the money because he wants to deliberately screw people. If the scope of the project expands that money will come out of their pocket just like it did with Broken Age. It's expensive to make games and it's clear that with Tim it's always been passion first, financial stability second... for better or worse :/
Anyways, I'm damn excited to finally see a sequel to what's probably the best game I played the original Xbox. If I can do anything to make it happen then I'm extremely happy. Only a shame that I first played Psychonauts when I was in 5th grade. Now I'm in my 3rd year of university. :O

LaronX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Having a Psychonauts sequel might sound amazing, but is everyone really going to blindly trust Double Fine to not screw up...again? And heck, they originally wanted 18 million for the game.
My thought exactly. They showed that they suck at doing budget for a point and click game ( adventure game) so a more complex platformer seems like something they'll screw up. To be fair they at least know what they want to do this time and there failure will probably net them less money. Mayve they can mange that .

Reactions: Chary
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Heh, I still haven't got to play the first game. I have it, but I, like, always forget about it 'cause of other games.
You know what? I think that when this sequel will come out, I'm gonna play both games. Or just the first one if this gets cancelled for some reason.

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was the original about?
(I swear, this is becoming an ongoing meme with me, when I don't know what a game is about... Don't get it? Go to the homebrew Undertale 3DS thread.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu