'Psychonauts 2' gets launch trailer

psychonauts 2.JPG

Raz is back! The trained acrobat and psychic has managed to join the international psychic espionage organization known as the Psychonauts as... an intern! But he has to get up to speed to unravel a plot aiming to destroy the organization and revive a villain.

Get a glimpse of the game in the brand-new trailer below:

Key features of Psychonauts 2 include:
  • Experience an imaginative, cinematic story that mixes humor and intrigue, brought to you by legendary game designer Tim Schafer.
  • Explore unique environments using Raz’s ability to dive into people’s brains to battle their inner demons, unlock hidden memories, and resolve their emotional baggage.
  • Leap acrobatically through the air, traversing tightropes and trapezes in a varied, challenging, and joyful platforming experience.
  • Wield a powerful array of psychic powers to blast, burn and levitate things, or even slow down time itself to solve environmental puzzles and battle strange enemies.
Psychonauts 2 is available as from today on PC (Steam, GOG, Microsoft Store), Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One and PS4 with PS5 backwards compatibility.

:arrow: SOURCE

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Available on GOG right from the the beginning. (Not that I even have a GPU that is up to the task playing modern games.)

GOG. That's the way it should be. No BS. I have the first part on DVD – it is infected with SecuRom 7 → Dis-gus-ting!

Reactions: CanIHazWarez

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
shame no physical release on any platform :S, i will get it when they decide to do one for any console really, i like my physical discs specially if they are from 3d platformers :P
It's a strange situation for me. I have gamepass so I can play it officially with that, but I always prefer playing cracked versions, and then on top of that I like having the physical version too in my collection... I think I need a cheaper hobby.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's a strange situation for me. I have gamepass so I can play it officially with that, but I always prefer playing cracked versions, and then on top of that I like having the physical version too in my collection... I think I need a cheaper hobby.
i only buy games with psychical releases, no physical no buy so i dont use game pass xD.

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Will it be neat, or too little too late?
Also, isn't Double Fine some sort of "indie" studio? Or so they still claim? Because $70/€60 is a bit steep. Or am I just stuck in the 90s?
Actually, this is a very good question to examine. Psychonauts wasn't an indie game, and was a rather more popular IP back in the day. So what happens when an indie studio/developer creates a sequel for an IP that was not under indie development? Does it suddenly warrant a lower price and expectations due to the stereotypical nature of indie developed games, or does it deserve to be judged based on the experience it has as a game in the IP and therefore have higher expectations and price points?

Hmm...

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Actually, this is a very good question to examine. Psychonauts wasn't an indie game, and was a rather more popular IP back in the day. So what happens when an indie studio/developer creates a sequel for an IP that was not under indie development? Does it suddenly warrant a lower price and expectations due to the stereotypical nature of indie developed games, or does it deserve to be judged based on the experience it has as a game in the IP and therefore have higher expectations and price points?

Hmm...

Psychonauts 2 is worth the 60 dollars, sure reviews say 20 hours of Gameplay but if you go to collect everything and try every dialogue option you can surely double that. And if collecting everything is not your thing, is still a fun game anyway.

Reactions: Jonna

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Behold, the sequel to the greatest non-Gamecube game of its generation.

Still a shame Microsoft bought them just before they were going to slouch into putting this franchise on Switch.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually a surprisingly good trailer -- story, worldbuilding, gameplay, characters all blended quite nicely. Though I suppose classic James Bond spoof is usually likely to get you somewhere.

Depending upon where you put the controller down (I usually find talking to people it is somewhere around the milkman) then you probably played the best bits. The last battle was not bad but the bulk of the good stuff was earlier on for me.
Though finishing it is not going to ruin it either.
I was actually close to finishing it. I was at the part after beating the mind tank and at the top of the tower in the final part of the game with the scientist. Then I just randomly stopped and didn't finish it. I do that with games sometimes, I don't know why.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Behold, the sequel to the greatest non-Gamecube game of its generation.

Still a shame Microsoft bought them just before they were going to slouch into putting this franchise on Switch.
well Microsoft does let there ips be on nintendo switch like wisp games and such so yeah maybe someday if the studio asks Microsoft, their competition is sony , they consider nintendo to do its own niche market.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    EAT LOTS OF ORANGES :P
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat mor Chikn!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh and you aren't allowed to make @Psionic Roshambo cry only once a week
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    oh and you get paid 90% below minimum wage
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    (xp doesn't grow on trees y'know)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get on my level
    Ken I use those tears as lube lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sodium benefits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sodiumchickentirade
    Lol Ken looks like the one in my shower
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hell no
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks like a brown recluse
    Fun times lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Property management just be like stop being a little bitch and get bit
    Step one: Put it in the microwave. Step two: get it to bite you. Step three: gain spiderman powers!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Swing from the penis
    +1
  • light27 @ light27:
    what
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mike Jones
  • light27 @ light27:
    someone take away that spider
  • light27 @ light27:
    call sps
    Hey mine helps me in the shower lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We went to a place in a mall where they let you play with some consoles for like an hour
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I choose the nintendo switch and I played smash ultimate and Mario wonder
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    It was fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: It was fun