PS1/2 PSX (Chip NTSC Games in PAL Region)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just put the disc in the console and play.
Modchips are making consoles region free.

edit:
Unless I'm unaware of some region-locked modchip...

the problems you could have with other region games are :
- black and white picture (use a proper RGB Scart cable),
- black borders/shifted picture screen (TV issue, nothing you can do except use another TV)
- Smaller screen size (TV issue too, recent LCD/LED TV are not compatible with fullscreen 240p, better than not displaying the picture at all, but you should play on old CTR TV and it will look better. It probably can be patched)
- Flickering pictures (TV issue, not compatible with 60Hz display)
- Different frame rate and audio/video unsynch. This can be patched! that's usually what patchers/trainers/region switcher menu are for.
- Top and bottom black bar when playing NTSC (480p) games on a PAL TV (576p). This is also what region selector patchers are used for.

Also, use a patch if you play a modchip-protected game.

Reactions: Margen67

TerryHomes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thx, i cant test it atm because i made some fatal error with my last cd-r. Will buy tomorrow more! The thing is on http://consolecopyworld.com/ there are some programms to convert NTSC Games to PAL. Description says tat you wont need RGB after this, it will fix many things and will work for most games etc... Someone made any exp. with this ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I never patched my games, and preferred using a proper scart cable to get color in my games.
I think keeping games as original as possible is always better. but each his own, if you like patching them, you can do it. You will probably need to do few tests with your CD-Rs before you find your best setup.

TerryHomes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Guys, last time i asked how to patch a ntsc game to pal. I didnt even know that my psx can handle all Coulors when playing a ntsc game (Just checked it Xenogears and some other ntsc games). So i dont need to patch anything here between pal <-> ntsc. Now i have one last problem. I wanted to play Final Fantasy 8, but it just cant start. The screen is black after the Playstation Logo. Pretty sure i burned everything correct. World wide web is saying that FF8 (PAL) Version has a protection fix. So this should be the problem here. Furthermore it says there should be a message on screen that ff8 detected a modchip. But i dont have this message, it is just a blackscreen.

So how will i be able to play final fantasy 8 ? http://consolecopyworld.com/psx/psx_patches_f.shtml There are some Protection fixes but i really dont know how to use them. Anyone can help me ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps