barr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey guys,

Looking at this website: solarisjapan(DOT)com/collections/psv/products/playstation-vita-wi-fi-model-black-pch-2003

Seems to be brand new, seeing how 3.61 came out last year, anyone here reckon this will be below or on 3.60?

I emailed them and asked, but they couldn't give me any details on firmware or manufacturing date.

any advice/tips welcome on buying Vita.

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, no one can guarantee that it'll be on 3.60 or lower.

Sony is still producing these devices in japan. And they come with 3.63 or even higher directly from factory.
Therefore it depends how long solaris already has them in stock.

There were many reports over on reddit of people who imported from japan.

To be sure get an european or american device (yes, they are more expensive and hard to find).

Reactions: Simonius007

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, no one can guarantee that it'll be on 3.60 or lower.

Sony is still producing these devices in japan. And they come with 3.63 or even higher directly from factory.
Therefore it depends how long solaris already has them in stock.

There were many reports over on reddit of people who imported from japan.

To be sure get an european or american device (yes, they are more expensive and hard to find).

When I remember it correctly I read an Article on Wololo Where he said that only some colored PS Vitas are above 3.60 and they didn't produced any new devices....
http://wololo.net/2016/09/01/get-hands-ps-vita-running-firmware-3-60-lower/

Edit: Nevermind I read the sidenote of the Henkaku Redit Community -.- https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/...ion_where_can_i_buy_a_ps_vita_brand_new_that/

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The pch-2006 models are the ones that come with 3.61. I know from experience when i imported a white slim.

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When I remember it correctly I read an Article on Wololo Where he said that only some colored PS Vitas are above 3.60 and they didn't produced any new devices....
http://wololo.net/2016/09/01/get-hands-ps-vita-running-firmware-3-60-lower/

Edit: Nevermind I read the sidenote of the Henkaku Redit Community -.- https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/...ion_where_can_i_buy_a_ps_vita_brand_new_that/

That article is older than a year.
Every color can be on 3.61+.

I've imported a black one from japan (different shop / not solaris). It was on 3.63.

barr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

Edit: Nevermind I read the sidenote of the Henkaku Redit Community -.-

That article is older than a year.
Every color can be on 3.61+.

I've imported a black one from japan (different shop / not solaris). It was on 363

unfortunately, amazon wont ship that console from wololo link to me, so I was looking into other options when I stumbled on to Solaris. I guess the search continues, eBay comes to mind, ill keep a look out everywhere.

Thanks for all the help guys!

barr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey guys,

I purchased a Vita from Amazon, a seller called 'Above all Gaming' based on the reviews from a few people that said it came with firmware below 3.60 or on 3.6, either way its a gamble.

Cost me 219USD.

When I get it, and if its below 3.60 ill look into buying an SD2Vita adapter (the new plastic one). until then thanks for all the help

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are looking for a vita, i just got a mint condition 1, and just applied screen protectors on both sides, wow... i did not know it can be sold for that high...

Ill sell mine on ebay then lol

barr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Update on the buying situation.

Purchased a console from Amazon, came from USA, "Above all Games" with 3.55, gonna look into a good memory card now.

kakashiles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I bought an aqua blue brand new from solarisjapan but it came with 3.65
fortunally i already have a 3.60, But i regret it, dont buy vitas on their website they have newest products

Last edited by kakashiles,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol our trash can decided to go flying and flipped on its side