Hardware PSPs in trouble - In need of aide

Old

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve got a few PSPs with varying issues, ranging from bricked (my favorite silver 3000) to battered & abused. I’d love to restore my silver, maybe have some repairs done, and get my chips/menus/firmware/ etc. in order.

If you are handy with this sort of thing and are willing to lend a hand, please PM me.
Disclaimer: not interested in foolishness, links to tutorials that I’m not even able to grasp, snarky remarks, or cheap jabs about my lack of tech skill. I need to be shown this stuff, patience and the ability to work around tech jargon = essential.

Oh, and obviously I’m not asking for a ‘handout’; I’ve got PayPal/trade goodies as compensation for competed tasks.

Thanks so much in advance!

EF714373-8E95-4157-BCAA-2CA66A460A1B.jpeg

Berserk_Fury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
You can 'unbrick' your silver psp 3000 through a pandora battery and magic memory stick. Pandora battery's should still be available to buy on eBay. You can also make your own but I would
rather preserve the original psp battery included with the system.

KeoniAzugon

Trophies
Website
Nblog.org
XP
Country
United States
the 3000 models don't work with pandora and a very specific 2000 motherboard either. Also it looks like he has 3 2000 models and 1 3000 model just by looking at the pics....

Berserk_Fury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
the 3000 models don't work with pandora and a very specific 2000 motherboard either. Also it looks like he has 3 2000 models and 1 3000 model just by looking at the pics....
You might be right, the 2000 model with a TA-088v3 Mother Board does not work with the pandora battery. OP, may I ask how you bricked the silver psp? Bad cfw install?

If you have juice on your psp 3000, try holding down the 'R-Trigger' and power on the system, a recovery menu should pop up if custom firmware is installed. Let me know if that happens and I can guide you with further details.

Last edited by Berserk_Fury,
Reactions: Old and KeoniAzugon

Old

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might be right, the 2000 model with a TA-088v3 Mother Board does not work with the pandora battery. OP, may I ask how you bricked the silver psp? Bad cfw install?

If you have juice on your psp 3000, try holding down the 'R-Trigger' and power on the system, a recovery menu should pop up if custom firmware is installed. Let me know if that happens and I can guide you with further details.

Just noticing this now, sorry!

That's just it, man; I dunno HOW it could have ended up this way, neither does the guy that set it up for me years ago! It was working beautifully one day, simply didn't turn on the next. No drops, damage, odd behavior, nothing of the sort. The guy had me go through a few procedures/button combos, but nothing worked.

I'll try the R-Trigger right now!

Old

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R-Trigger trick is a no-go, sadly. :( I tried it several times, even tried leaning on both triggers as well as other random button combos. Nada.

This one really has me stumped....a PSP that was treated with kid gloves; never dropped, never gotten wet, always cleaned and maintained, yet seems to be trapped in stasis. :unsure:

Berserk_Fury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
R-Trigger trick is a no-go, sadly. :( I tried it several times, even tried leaning on both triggers as well as other random button combos. Nada.

This one really has me stumped....a PSP that was treated with kid gloves; never dropped, never gotten wet, always cleaned and maintained, yet seems to be trapped in stasis. :unsure:
When you try to power the psp on, is there any led lights that turn on? like the power switch or the memory access light on the left hand side?

Old

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you try to power the psp on, is there any led lights that turn on? like the power switch or the memory access light on the left hand side?

It turns on (seemingly) normally, green light stays on, but no display. It's the damnedest thing....

Berserk_Fury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It turns on (seemingly) normally, green light stays on, but no display. It's the damnedest thing....
Maybe the LCD shorted out. However, it could be many things. Ill try to look at a solution more in depth and get back to you.

Reactions: Old

Berserk_Fury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I had this idea over night and it made me remember this thread, try booting that psp again but this time take out the memory stick first and see if the screen comes on!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, Hi