Hacking PSP will not boot.

planetofthemage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to update to 6.39pro on my non TA88v3 PSP, and I just installed OFW 6.39. Problem is, now when I go to turn it on, all I get is a green light. No screen, just the light, which just stays on. I have a pandora battery and an MMS, so I'm going to see if I can reflash it, but is this a known issue?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
did you uninstall 5.50 GEN-D3 prome before updating?

also, if you're planning on moving into a newer LCFW, you should remove your seplugins folder, as newer LCFWs don't support older plugins which may cause it to crash.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
s4mid4re said:
did you uninstall 5.50 GEN-D3 prome before updating?

also, if you're planning on moving into a newer LCFW, you should remove your seplugins folder, as newer LCFWs don't support older plugins which may cause it to crash.

I thought that 5.50 GEN-D3 was upgrade proof, and that the only way to upgrade, was to downgrade first.

planetofthemage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to play with the versions.txt to make it tell the 6.39 update that I wasn't on 9.90. Could that be the cause?

EDIT: deleted everything except PSP folder on the root. Problem solved.
biggrin.gif

samethernet

Trophies
XP
Country
what i did is gone back into 5.50gend3 installer and pushed install OFW 5.50, this is so that it format all flashes then reflashes offical 5.50 on,
then i upgraded to 6.20

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E