Hacking Homebrew Psp Slim Custom Firmware released!

Lodis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As posted towards the end of this thread by Jiggah Psp Slim firmware dumped Custom firmware for the Psp Slim has been released. I think this is major news and deserves its own thread.

QUOTE said:
We are proud to present the first custom firmware for the PSP Slim, and the first custom firmware
that runs using a 3.XX IPL (3.60)

3.60 M33 for PSP Slim has all the features of 3.52 M33, except the 1.50 kernel support, as
that kernel doesn't work properly on psp slim (hardware problems, screen problems).
3.60 M33 will load homebrew from GAME, GAME150 and GAME360 directories, but all will be executed
with 3.60 kernel.

This mean that some homebrews done specifically for the 1.50 kernel cannot work on 3.60 M33.
However, the adaptation of code to 2.XX+ kernels is not difficult, and homebrew developers can
port their aplications to work in these firmwares.

Included with the release is the M33 sdk for programmers.

Official Site

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. I may consider a PSP Slim sometime if they can manage to get the 1.5 kernel to somehow work.

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Very nice! It begins!

My PSP slim is almost complete.

yaypsp.gif

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Step 3) Profit!!!

I'm going to get the Star Wars one when it comes out! Let it be known that at the moment pretty much zero homebrew works. I think I'll be keeping my PSPFat (for more reasons than just it's necessity in the Slim and Lite flashing process).

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The instalation is done using pandora battery and requires a fat psp with 1.50 or
custom firmware with 1.50 support to run a installer.
M33 rulez!!!
I don't own a slim and i don't really want one.
My big fat old one is great
smile.gif

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The instalation is done using pandora battery and requires a fat psp with 1.50 or
M33 rulez!!!
smile.gif
Okay....So I went out and bought a PSP with 1.5 on it and a PSP slim...now what?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
M33 rulez!!!
smile.gif

Okay....So I went out and bought a PSP with 1.5 on it and a PSP slim...now what?

CODE
3.60 M33 Instalation:

However once the memory stick installation is done, you can use it in whatever psp slim without
repeating the process again.

We want to thank C+D Team for having created Pandora and having opened the path to custom ipl's,
without which this cfw wouldn't exist.

Steps:

- Create a pandora battery and a pandora memory stick using the C+D team tools.
- Run the fat psp with the pandora memory stick inserted, but with a normal battery.
ÂCopy the directories pandora_slim and pandora_slim% to PSP/GAME or PSP/GAME150.

- Download official sony firmwares 3.40 and 3.50, and put them in pandora_slim directory
Âwith names 340.PBP and 350.PBP.

ÂTo avoid confussion: These firmwares are used ONLY to extend the memory stick pandora kernel.
ÂNOTHING FROM THOSE FIRMWARES WILL EVER BE FLASHED ON THE SLIM.

- Run the program. It will quickly extract some prx's overwrting some of the pandora memory stick.

- Insert the pandora battery and the memory stick in the psp slim. It will boot. You won't see
Âanything on the screen, because that kernel doesn't support the slim screen, but it is OK, you
Âdon't need a screen for the installation of 3.60 M33.

From here, you have 3 options:

- Press X to install M33. The process will last just few seconds, since the installer only
Âneeds to install the M33 custom prx's and IPL. After the process is finished, the installer
Âwill shutdown the psp automatically.

- Press L+R+triangle to uninstall M33 and go back to original 3.60. Note: this can't unbrick a
Âpsp slim, it will just remove M33 ipl. There is currently no unbricker for the psp slim, but
Âwe plan on doing one in the future.
ÂAfter uninstallation, psp will be shutdown automatically.

- Press square to dump the PSP Slim nand. Watch out: you need 66 MB of free space in the
Âmemory stick for this, otherwise your memory stick may end corrupted.

ÂThis option uses the team C+D nand dumper. When the memory stick orange led stops blinking,
Âthe process will have finished, and you can either shutdown the psp, or use one of the two
Âprevious options.

3.60 M33 Custom Firmware (for PSP Slim only)

Pandora Battery Setup Files

Good luck! I'm considering getting a Slim now that CFW is out but I need a spare battery from somewhere
frown.gif

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
nice work .. I might just give PSP a try one day.

... also, once you make a pandora battery, you can undo it to be a normal battery again, right? Do 3rd-party brand batteries work, or just Sony official ones?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Okay I went for it and bought a brand spanking new black PSP Slim
biggrin.gif
It's really lovely, so light....

I went to EB Games and traded in my old PSP along with three games (don't need em anymore since I've ripped them) and only paid $AU99 for the Slim. Very nice deal.

The funny thing is that they broke the street date. The EB game clerk stuffed up the date (it's meant to be released tomorrow) but when I came into the store he let me buy it anyway
biggrin.gif

Before I traded it in I borrowed a friend's bricked PSP, used it's battery to make it into a pandora battery and unbricked it for him and installed 3.52M33 on it. Needless to say he's very happy and so am I since I was able to use it to flash 3.60M33 onto my Slim.

It works very well. All the advantages of CFW and a Slim PSP. What more can you want?

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nice work .. I might just give PSP a try one day.

... also, once you make a pandora battery, you can undo it to be a normal battery again, right? Do 3rd-party brand batteries work, or just Sony official ones?
It's a serious crap shoot with unofficial batteries. AFAIK the only reliable ones at this point are official fat PSP batteries and a few of the datel ones.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Nice to hear opium.
Is the slim better of build quality as a machine or not?
M33 will probably release 3.70 cfw for both fat and lite next
smile.gif

Yep seems to be. MUCH better buttons + the d-pad is in a whole new league.

pspslim1.jpg
pspslim2.jpg

Next to my friend's now functional phat PSP
smile.gif

The new one seems a lot smaller in real life as opposed to what you see in pics. But the real kicker is not the size but the weight. It's very light. As light if not lighter than a ds lite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    whoever made flog cared about NES golf
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    i brung that up because i remembered it randomly and it has become my hyperfixation
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like...