Hacking Homebrew Psp Slim Custom Firmware released!

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you cant even find the tv cables or pouches here
frown.gif

i got the black lite psp, but i have to put it into my fat psp pouch.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
It doesn't happen to come with the case does it? Like the old PSP I have has this foam pouch thing which was pretty cool.

Nope no case or even wrist strap. I kept my old ones before trading in. All they wanted was my old PSP and charger. No extras.

looks like its the base pack. maybe they will release the value pack with the case later.

Yep it's like a base pack. PSP Slim + battery and charger. That's it.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
QUOTE said:
The new one seems a lot smaller in real life as opposed to what you see in pics. But the real kicker is not the size but the weight. It's very light. As light if not lighter than a ds lite.
Yea slim psp is lighter than ds lite, atleast it should be, because ds lite is almost as heavy as original psp imo.
great to have cfw on slim, but i'm not probably getting it anyway. I'm happy with old psp.
biggrin.gif

Nthenorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does the black psp slim still smudge as easily as the original black psp? I bought a silver one since smudges are really hard to see on it.

So far loving this PSP. Feels more comfortable than the old one and the screen is much more clearer. I play a lot of fighting games on my psp so the d-pad is a huge plus for me as well. Only problem is a lot of my old emulators that run on 1.50 kernel dont run anymore, but I still got my old PSP for that.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Does the black psp slim still smudge as easily as the original black psp? I bought a silver one since smudges are really hard to see on it.

So far loving this PSP. Feels more comfortable than the old one and the screen is much more clearer. I play a lot of fighting games on my psp so the d-pad is a huge plus for me as well. Only problem is a lot of my old emulators that run on 1.50 kernel dont run anymore, but I still got my old PSP for that.

Yeah the black one still gets heaps of fingerprints. It doesn't bother me though. Having a good time with it so far
smile.gif

sankukaai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
does CFW automatically mean running ISOs? if so i'm getting one.

What are the isos' sizes compared to NDS roms (in short which memory stick should i get?)

thks.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes, cfw = iso playing

most games are 1gb big, so its best to get a 4gb or 8gb stick.
I have a 2gb stick and i'm waiting for the sandisk 8gb to arrive.

And indeed the new psp is lighter then the ds lite!
I couldnt believe it, but its true
smile.gif

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
does CFW automatically mean running ISOs? if so i'm getting one.

What are the isos' sizes compared to NDS roms (in short which memory stick should i get?)

thks.

Im not sure for the psp slim but for the psp phat, yes CFW runs isos' directly from the memory stick.

The isos' are way bigger than the NDS roms. Most newer games are easily 1gig+, some are less but thats rare. It depends on the graphics of the game, like Madden 08 was around 1.2-1.5gigs, I cant remember the exact size since i dont have my psp on me. But the new brunswick bowling game was only 165megs.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah shoot Sony decided to be lame and only release the Black PSP Slim in the UK! I want a white one!

Anyone know of a good place to import one? Cheapest I've seen is like £110-120 on ebay shipped for the basic, no extras pack. Still cheaper than a UK one...

*Rant mode* - Anyone else think Sony is taking the p*ss a bit with the PSP slim over here in the UK? First of all they launch it late. Secondly the core pack retails for $170 (£84) in the US. With VAT that's about £98, so Sony could sell it for that magical £99.99 price tag, instead they decide to sell it for £130! WTF?! You FAIL Sony! They pulled this shit with the first release of the PSP as well - not to mention the UK prices were like £10-15 higher than the rest of Europe. Also how come we don't have a) White or Silver models over here? b) AV cables to hook it up to the big screen - one of the touted features of the system, and c) a decent bundle like the family guy bundle in the US?

frown.gif

Lodis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can import one from Superufo but by the time you pay the delivery, wait the extra time and add to this the potential of import VAT I wouldn't consider it worth the extra effort (so just ordered from Amazon.co.uk). I have never been charged import VAT when ordering from them though and they are extremely reliable.

Sony definately take the piss in the UK, I will be raising the index by installing 3.60 M33 as soon as I get my slim.

Lodis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O,o im interested in buying slim online.. is superufo reliable? hum, yesasia have them for 209 us delivered worldwide.. i want the silver one.. T_T

Superufo are very reliable, I have used them so many times without one single problem. They used to be under the name success-hk.com I think so you might recognise that name more. All of the international orders I have done with them has arrived really quickly too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name in chat :ninja: