Truner

OP
Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
I know it's a common problem nowadays, I updated from 5.50 Gen-B to 6.38 ME-2 and now my saves don't want to work. I don't have a pandora set and I fear that I might brick my PSP, so could anyone help converting me my old Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep save file? I recently bought a copy of the game, that's why I had to update my cfw.
I would be really happy, if anyone with an older CFW could help me out. I'll upload my save file if anyone is up for it.
smile.gif

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) hellcat your PSP back to 5.00 m33

2) re upgrade to 5.50 GEN-B

3) Decrypt save with plugin.. That works by enabling the plugin and then saving the game to save it decrypted

4) re update to 6.38ME (6.39ME is out btw)

TIP: I have ran KH:BBS on a 2k 5.50 GEN-D3 Prome-4 with no problems... All other games work and if i need to get a game to work ISO tool has always fixed a game just by simply decrypting the game itself

Truner

OP
Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
So I guess to only way to do it is to put another CFW on my PSP, right? I really hope it won't brick it. I hoped others would still use older CFWs. Thanks for the answer.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: I ran KH:BbS before, but since I got an original copy of it, I decided to delete my... "other" copy that I played before.
EDIT2: which is the best way to decrypt my psp save? Should I use the freecheat-magic save combination?
EDIT3: can't make a dump save with freecheat, althou I did used dump in operation mode.
Couldn't someone with more "know-it" patch this one save file for me? There's not much else I want to keep, but this critical mode Ventus patch is not something I would like to lose.
I uploaded the save file:
http://truners-backbloggery.site40.net/ULES014410000.rar

Truner

OP
Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
I did just that. I went back to 5.00 M33 tried it, didn't work. It just didn't gave me the files. After that I thought, he might said that I should go to 5.50 GEN-B for a reason, so I updated to that. Used it again, no files. That was when I gave up and simply updated to 6.39 ME which is great and all, but it would be better if I had my Ventus Route save file. I had other save files like Project Diva/Project Diva 2nd, K-ON! Hokago Live!!, but I want to replay those games when I actually buy them. That's not the case with KH:BbS, Critical is pretty much an unbalanced mode to play on. That's why I asked if someone who's already on 5.xx and know how to actually decrypt save files could do it. The fact that Freecheat gave me no dump files already makes it impossible to decrypt it. I enabled the plugins, since it loaded and stuff, but after I save and quit, there's nothing.

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason i said to go to gen-b was because people have had issues when lowering their firmware so thats why i never said m33... that and gen has been known to use their own saves.. don't ask why because i have never figured myself...

btw.. My tip still stands

EDIT: Try turning all other plugins off whilst trying and sounds silly but on some PSPs, the decrypted file turns up elseware... Maybe its an earlier copy used or what but sometimes have a look around.. Also note your "other copy" could of been a different region so the id of the save would have to be changed too with the decrypted save of course..

Truner

OP
Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
Everything else was turned off, didn't know what works and what doesn't, so I only turned on freecheat and magicsave. The "other copy" was a PAL version, I got it because I knew I'll buy the Special Edition (only in eu). I used search to find the decrypted save file by it's ID, but didn't have any luck. Any other way to get my save file to work? I now feel like a fool for using such a CFW that can't even save correctly. -_-

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i ask why you do not wish to update to GEN-D3 Prome-4? Its 2 steps and works well with every game i throw at it.....

Truner

OP
Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
Because I want to use the UMD I bought a week ago. And because I don't have the money to buy a bigger Memory Stick right now. The current one is only 2Gb. I also rarely play downloaded games. There were very few of them, mostly the harder to get ones. Which I am about to buy. The main reason to hack my psp was to play Cave Story on it.
So, any other possible way to fix my save file?

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a EUR version working on my PSP 2k 550 GEN-D3 Prome-4.... I guarantee it'll work straight from umd

EDIT: Just doubled checked and its working straight from UMD... No other hacks or plugins needed for this to work

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
GEN Firmwares are all redundant offering nothing more than other firmwares and actually possessing less in the way of unique features. These days no-one should be opting for GEN firmwares because they're an evolutionary dead end.

Truner

OP
Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
Let's not turn this into a war topic on CFWs.
smile.gif

realveemon: also, since you have the EUR version, could you decrypt my save file or do something so it'll work on every PSP? I would be happy if you could. Of course if it's not much of a hassle to do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT