Gaming Psp N64 Emulator is backwith audio support!!

Nenyana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/

Expect a release of Dadeulus R9 around 25th February according to the blog. The speed increases are without audio but StrmnNrmn has discussed using the Media Engine for all sound processing which should in theory make a huge difference with audio not making an impact on frame rates.

QUOTE said:
Clearly there's a significant improvement in framerate. On average, games are running about 40% faster, but in many cases the framerate has almost doubled. Subjectively, the difference means that many games are feeling a lot more responsive and playable now. Anything over 20fps 'feels' pretty good, but my long-term goal is to get this up to 30fps for as many titles as possible.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
That is bloody fantastic
smile.gif
Finally a reason to keep N64 ROMs on my PSP.

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ive already got ff VII and ff tactics on my psp running at full speed, if i get snowboard kids 1&2 playing at full speed with sound, my gaming dream of portable emulation will be officially complete and i can die happy er live happy but know that life cant get any better
tongue.gif
j/k

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would like to see how good it is graphically and compatability wise before I get too excited. The speed increases will probably be without sound. I know the xbox with its 750mhz processor just about runs the N64 at full speed with sound. I can't see them getting it working on the PSP at full speed and with sound.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This are the times I get jealous of the psp.. while the nds is struggling to get a decent snes emulator running, the psp is already focusing on psx and n64 emulators.. the wheel vs gunpowder evolution comparsion felt in place right now. I might be forced to get a psp too and this is amazing progress.

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
ive already got ff VII and ff tactics on my psp running at full speed, if i get snowboard kids 1&2 playing at full speed with sound, my gaming dream of portable emulation will be officially complete and i can die happy er live happy but know that life cant get any better
tongue.gif
j/k

I didn't know the PSP could emulator N64, let alone FFVII! Being able to run FFVII and FFT on a portable console is almost enough of a justification to buy one myself!

What do you need to run emulators on the PSP? Is it kind of an "out of the box" ability or do you need to do some form of modification?

This just makes my DS jealous! But still, DS has innovation all the way! More of the same can only take you so far!

Nenyana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to see how good it is graphically and compatability wise before I get too excited. The speed increases will probably be without sound. I know the xbox with its 750mhz processor just about runs the N64 at full speed with sound. I can't see them getting it working on the PSP at full speed and with sound.

The speed increases are without sound but if the dev moves all sound over to the Psp Media Engine then enabling sound will not impact on frame rates much, if at all. The Psp has 3 Co-processors which can make a huge difference if used, you could have one CPU for all sound processing and a little graphics and then use the other CPU's for emulation power.

Regarding the Xbox 750Mhz CPU running N64, you have to take into consideration that the Xbox has a completely different CPU to the N64 (Pentium III) which makes it much less efficient for emulating that platform. The architecture of the Psp's CPU is (MIPS R4000) similar to the N64 (MIPS R4300i ) which will make a potentially more efficient Dynarec. It also depends what you consider full speed, some consider 30 fps on the N64 to be full speed while others disagree.

As for the graphics, alot of the graphics looked petty good in R8 and you have others working on graphical issues so the Dev can concentrate on other aspects. I think speed should continue to be focused on and then compatibility. Mario 64 is already running approximately 24fps in game and many people thought the N64 wouldn't run past 5-6fps on the Psp.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
this emulator has come along so very niiice.. at this time you can play mario 64 and mario kart 64 with almost full speed and sound..
the newest version DaedalusR9_frameskip.zip is truley amazing.. and he hasent moved anything to the ME processor yet!!!

so wait until summer and then we have both full speed PSX and N64 emulation for the psp
biggrin.gif

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how well SSB and OoT run as of R10's release? If they run well enough, I might just have to buy an PSP again...Especially if SSB runs well >.> *SSBM addict*
Oh, and MK64 and Banjo Kazooie.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This are the times I get jealous of the psp.. while the nds is struggling to get a decent snes emulator running, the psp is already focusing on psx and n64 emulators.. the wheel vs gunpowder evolution comparsion felt in place right now. I might be forced to get a psp too and this is amazing progress.
Eh, my friend says that there are a lot of SNES games that don't run well on the PSPs Snes emu and that N64 support is worse. SSB still doesn't run well D:.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most SNES games run extremely well on the PSP and if any games give you trouble, it's simply a matter of tweaking the emulator settings to get it working. As for the N64 emulator, it's still fairly new, but it's making exceptional progress. Currently, the creator is working on Expansion Pack support as well as other nice features. The creator of the N64 emulator reminds me a lot of the creator of SnemulDS. He cranks out bi-weekly releases and is updating game compatibility in every release. In a couple of months, it'll be perfected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom