Hacking PSP Home button not working

CobyTheApple

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this isn't the right thread, but basically my PSP 3000 home button stopped working for some reason. I installed the Macrofire plugin, to remap the home button to something else, but when I press the new button combination for the Home button, nothing still happens. I tested Macrofire with other buttons, to make sure it was working okay, like disabling X and changing X to O, and all worked fine.

Is there any reason why Home button wont remap properly, or is there something else going on? I mainly need the home button, so I can change the resolution of PSX games, and I'm not sure if there is any other way to do it, apart from the home button. If there is another way, could someone let me know? Like from editing certain files on the PSP memory stick.

Thanks.

EDIT: Actually, changing X to O, doesn't work either. All I can do is disable buttons. Is it possible I installed Macrofire or something wrong?

john032194

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
maybe the ribbon cable is worn? i suggest replace it with a new one since the whole line of buttons under the screen is joined together forming a long ribbon cable, got the same problem as you but more annoying since my select button is the one that is broke i have to replace the damn ribbon cable, you should find something online though good luck.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is probably more likely that some dirt got between the pad and PCB. Sometimes rappidly jamming on the button can shake it loose enough to get a good contact again. Otherwise opening up the PSP is your only option. Keep in mind that it can be risky (as many people have found out by breaking things) and no matter how clean you try to make your work area you will end up with dust behind the lens. :ohnoes:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E