Hacking PSP hacking/modding F.A.Q.

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
well the downgrade from 6.36 ->6.35 should work for newer psp models should the motherboard support it.There are youtube videos showing that it works on a psp 3000 (namely this one) but ye, i know, don't always trust youtube videos....
Anyway use at your own risk as they say...

loco365

Trophies
XP
If you have an FAQ, you should add an issue there. In 5.50 Prome-4, if you disable the VSH menu in the Recovery menu, the button lock will also get disabled- meaning if the menu is disabled- you can't push the power switch to the LOCK position and have it do anything. It did that on my PSP, anyways.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Rydian said:
I'm on Prome-4 and the locks works for me even with the VSH menu disabled.

Do note that some homebrew don't respond to the lock or sleep mode properly, regardless of the VSH setting.
Odd. I went and enabled the lock- without disabling the VSH. It took a minute to engage. That was on the XMB. I think there might be a defect in my PSP, but I don't know. I'll have to find a diagnostics tool and run it.

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Yeah, there's a downgrade for 6.35-6.20 (and there's one for 6.20- 5.03 or whatever the motherboard supports).

Are there any specific advantages to doing so? (new to this firmware stuff...)

Warrior522

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two things; one, I run Linux. Two, whatever the firmware is, it had better run MMPU... and that 64 emmy if possible...

And they all run PS1, yes?

Warrior522

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
What does linux have to do with this?

What's MMPU?

And yes, both 5.x and 6.x run the N64 emulator... but just in case nobody's told you, it's not nearly as good as it is on the PC. Most games don't play full speed.

And yes, 6.35 PRO-B run PSX (as do all the 5.x custom firmwares).

Jolan sent me a link with an .exe file on a ask gbatemp question on this matter; just wanted to clarify my "limitations." MMPU = Megaman Powered Up.

With that said, it looks like PRO-B is my best bet... But how to use...?

EDIT: EASIEST. HACK. EVER. 83

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work