DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I would say PSP go despite using a PSP-1000 which is closer to 3000. PSP go is smaller and cheaper to buy storage for. The UMD is kinda not needed when you most likely intend to hack it. Not to mention 16GB is plenty and u dont have to find a memory stick for it.

Storm101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About how long would the internal memory last before it died, I wonder? And I wonder how difficult it would be to buy and replace it.

Does the Go use the same type of battery as the other PSP models? The Go was a failure, so when thinking about the long-term a PSP 3000 would probably be a better idea.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
About how long would the internal memory last before it died, I wonder? And I wonder how difficult it would be to buy and replace it.

Does the Go use the same type of battery as the other PSP models? The Go was a failure, so when thinking about the long-term a PSP 3000 would probably be a better idea.

The Go uses it's own battery and replacement is about as easy as a Dingoo (you will need to open it up). As for the internal memory, they say 10,000 writes minimum but they do use wear leveling to help with that.

Storm101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but I wonder how long you'll actually be able to buy batteries for the Go, and at a reasonable price.

10,000 sounds pretty damn pitiful...

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i have both a 2000 model and a go and i prefer my go, my 2000 model battery keeps loosing my charge from a full battery that is one of the reasons why i brought the go, the go has 16gb internal, add that with a 16gb m2 micro that's 32gb of free space, if you brought a 32gb memory card for the 3000 model it would cost you a fortune, on top of that there is a lot of fake ms duo pro memory cards so it's hard to find a genuine one.

i mainly use the 2000 model for umds now and the go for psp isos, it's small and compact and easy to put in your pocket compared to the 3000 model headset for the go? why would you need one? online on psp games is next to non existent, most games that support online mode are offline or no longer active, i wouldn't worry about a headset unless you want to use it for skype that is.

the analogue stick is quite small on the go, but after a while you get used to it, what really impress me about the go is that i fully charged it and i turned the thing on a week later and it still had a full battery, i wouldn't say much for my 2000 model though, that thing is a dead dodo :( it's lasted me a few years though.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope you post what you will buy in the end and your reason. It may help future PSP owners ;)

If every other reason hasn't then another one probably won't. Ultimately i'd never ever recommend a console redesigned for portability rather than comfort and usability (control wise) as a persons introduction to that platform. The Go's control scheme can be adapted to, but it's still a poor second (that nub is awful...and when the regular PSP's nub isn't great that's really a damning indictment!).

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I hope you post what you will buy in the end and your reason. It may help future PSP owners ;)

If every other reason hasn't then another one probably won't. Ultimately i'd never ever recommend a console redesigned for portability rather than comfort and usability (control wise) as a persons introduction to that platform. The Go's control scheme can be adapted to, but it's still a poor second (that nub is awful...and when the regular PSP's nub isn't great that's really a damning indictment!).

That's your opinion. I wanted to see his that's all and how he decided. I only recently got my Go and I love it. I'm more used to portability and I didn't like feel of a 1000 since it cramped my hand since I was in a crab claw position lol

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country

So no, a smaller console with control placement much closer together doesn't lead to more cramping? It certainly does for me and my brother on my Go, and i'd imagine in most case where things are minimised and controls moved closer it would for other people.

Plus the nub, dpad and shoulder buttons are awful, as is the USB input placement.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I was actually surprised that the Go didn't cramp my hands. I really liked Me & My Katamari, but playing it on a 1000 or 2000 cramped my hands up like crazy. I've never had a hand cramping problem playing it with the Go. 100% serious.

The PSP Go is a great system, but it's getting no love these days because of my 3DS, DS, and GBA exploits.

EDIT: I'm not going to argue about the USB placement. That whole thing pisses me of. Why not just use mini USB like before?

Kiaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only downside I've had with the go is battery life. I played Gundam VS Gundam Next+ for about 2 hours with max brightness and sound with about 1 bar of battery left. If you travel a lot, I suggest getting a portable rechargeable battery, like Duracell powerhouse, which has around 2000mAH. The go has around 930mAH.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhN3stcB0is