• Views 5,470
  • Replies 28

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think a big reason for the go's retro popularity is actually the modern ease of piracy. It's easy to find a station where there is no pay and just download a good selection of PSP and PS1 games to play. The only real problem is the trouble that ISO loaders can have with loading from the memory stick on a go, and remembering to have to use "ef0:" for pathnames if the files you're pointing to are on the built-in user NAND.

UMDs easily priced PSN out back in the day, and there was no need to provide the storage device when it came in the box, so nobody really cared about the go back then.
PSP 3000 and PSP Go have the option of being played on TV, although not many are aware of it.

PSP Go has the advantage that it allows you to play games with a PS3 controller so even better.

go_pj.jpg

(Not my picture)

This looks ideal to me considering I can't figure out a comfortable way of using the thumb stick it has. All of it is just too small for me.
Those docks are insanely expensive these days. The only way to charge the go while it's plugged into the TV, too. With one of those, no on-the-fly switching and a lack of upscaling for PSP games are the only things holding it back from being the Sony Switch.

D

Deleted User

OP
lol, I'd say the PSP Go is about as appreciated as the GBA micro. It's popularity is in its scarcity not its performance.
nah, since most people nowadays will be playing psp digitally, the reduced bulk makes sense, also, bluetooth and internal storage included

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind digital only. most games can be downloaded still, like nus with the wii. only the ticket isn't downloadable, and as we've seen with the wii u, the tickets can't be deleted unless you do so manually (even if you format). I was digital only with the wii u and now the switch. though, I have downloaded every switch game I've bought. I have to buy something since I can't have more than 2 grand in my ssi account (on disability). there's nothing I want this month, but next month I plan to get 3d world and bravely default II.

Reactions: Deleted User

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It sold less than the other models, makes sense it would fetch a decent price due to the higher rarity.
Personally I just didn't like the design of it. Couldn't care less about UMDs since I didn't own any anyway, my PSP was purely for CFW. Though IIRC it takes those M2 cards rather than memory sticks, and there aren't any MicroSD adapters for those, is there?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
speaking of psp, my psp still works with the original battery. that should at least say something about the quality of the system. I just added it to my router's 2.4GHz band.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the only thing I'm afraid of is my ps4's controller battery going bad. here's my ps4 (on 5.05 too):

20210112_165735.jpg

D

Deleted User

OP
lol, I'd say the PSP Go is about as appreciated as the GBA micro. It's popularity is in its scarcity not its performance.
That's true.

I also bought a Vita OLED and it looks beautiful. No plans to actually use it to play because I also have a 3DS loaded with games and don't use that either.

Reactions: MrCokeacola
D

Deleted User

OP
I don't mind digital only. most games can be downloaded still, like nus with the wii. only the ticket isn't downloadable, and as we've seen with the wii u, the tickets can't be deleted unless you do so manually (even if you format). I was digital only with the wii u and now the switch. though, I have downloaded every switch game I've bought. I have to buy something since I can't have more than 2 grand in my ssi account (on disability). there's nothing I want this month, but next month I plan to get 3d world and bravely default II.
so long as there's a way to pirate (for preservation) digital only shouldnt be a problem
It sold less than the other models, makes sense it would fetch a decent price due to the higher rarity.
Personally I just didn't like the design of it. Couldn't care less about UMDs since I didn't own any anyway, my PSP was purely for CFW. Though IIRC it takes those M2 cards rather than memory sticks, and there aren't any MicroSD adapters for those, is there?
at least you get 16 gb of internal storage unlike the vita lol

Shaddap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL Nah. The PSP Go is definitely more appreciated over other PSP models at this point, simply because the Vita is the better choice if you want that classic OG PSP form factor and the Vita can do virtually everything the PSP does via Adrenaline and MORE.

The PSP Go, however, has the most portable form factor of any Sony handheld ever released. It also has tighter pixel density/better colors/a brighter screen so all games look better than other PSP models, it doesn't suffer from the PSP 3000's interlacing issues, has bluetooth/Dualshock 3 support, can be docked and played on tv natively with the official cradle, and other perks that put it over the other PSP models. The PSP Go even supports large microSD capacity by using an M2 Dummy Adapter. The only area it lacks is if you DON'T want to hack it and/or have a large collection of UMD's, for whatever reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol