Hardware PSP 3000 recommended memory stick

basher11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I'm getting a PSP 3000 soon, I was wondering what would be the best memory stick pro duo to get.
Amazon has these 2 that I might get:

sandisk 8GB memory stick pro duo
Sony 8 GB PRO-HG Duo HX Memory Stick MSHX8A

which one is better?
or do you recommend another one?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I'm getting a PSP 3000 soon, I was wondering what would be the best memory stick pro duo to get.
Amazon has these 2 that I might get:

sandisk 8GB memory stick pro duo
Sony 8 GB PRO-HG Duo HX Memory Stick MSHX8A

which one is better?
or do you recommend another one?

Based on the OP...

SanDisk owns the co-copyright/trademark/etc. to Memory Stick with $ony, so there shan't be any compatibility issues there. As for raw speed, the HX series is the fastest known from Sony for Memory Sticks, and are naturally pricy to match.

That said, for how ludicrously overpriced the few remaining e-Tailers charge for their remaining stock, it's honestly a better value to use an adapter solution, since - especially once running CFW - it won't matter as much as it did if you were running it legit. It also depends on how frequently y ou plan on plugging it into the PC. With me, I went out of my way to assure I got an extended battery for my 2000, because I wanted to be able to have the hours of life and not have to constantly worry about charging, or carrying around an external battery that could get lost or stolen.

So, speed-wise, the tiers would go:
  1. Sony HX
  2. Sandisk MSPD (unless it has some special designations I'm unaware of)
  3. (single) microSD(HC) to MSPD
  4. (dual) microSD to MSPD
Bang for buck?
  1. Photofast CR-5400 + 2 like microSDHC's
  2. CR-5400 clone + 2 like microSD's
  3. single microSD to MSPD + microSD
  4. any actual MSPD card.
I know some have mentioned that certain homebrew can be real fussy about using a microSD adapter because of latency issues; while I can't discredit such claims, I also have to say that at least nothing I've run thus far has been affected in that manner. I only wish that I had the cash at the time to get some high-speed microSD's for my 2000's adapter. I somehow lucked out and found a re-packaged CR-5400 rather than just a ching-chong-y clone - at Fry's Electronics, of all things. Sadly that's the last one I'd seen, as all the others I'd found there since have been the clone adapters.

Reactions: basher11

basher11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
codezer0
thanks for your input. I think I will get a MSPD card since it doesn't matter about speed.
As for the microSD's and adapters, I don't really have extra microSD's laying around HOWEVER, this will be my alternative if the MSPD I want becomes to expensive or something. (because amazon. :()
I will keep those adapters in mind though.

also, one more question.
for the photofast cr-5400, can I use one microSDHC card instead of 2 or do I need both?
edit: never mind, it says i can use one.

edit2:
is this a good deal?
http://www.amazon.com/PhotoFast-CR-...=1396921238&sr=8-1&keywords=photofast+cr-5400

john032194

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a single MS duo adapter for and sd with a 16gb sd, planning to get dual ms duo adapter and maybe buy another 16gb sd card for 32gb all in all, and it's cheap to boot and the slowdown is not noticeable (planning to get class 10 for high speed)

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just know for the dual, it's best to try and keep them two like, if not the same model cards. It seems said adapter does a similar thing to how an onboard RAID controller does to hard drives for a PC's OS. Less variables to worry about if in the event something does go wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.