Hacking PSP 2000 with 6.60 PRO-C, major problems with SNES and GBA emulation

thebatdadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I seem to be having a problem with SNES and GBA emulation on my PSP. My firmware is 6.60 PRO-C , but it seems like the emulators hardly run any games at all without serious issues. I'm only trying to run GBA and SNES emulators, but for GBA, Advance Wars shows no dialog in the dialog boxes, Super Mario World has graphical glitches at the top of the screen (especially the levels with clouds above you), and the Mega Man Zero games also have graphical glitches.

As far as SNES goes, I haven't gotten any game to get past the start screen yet. The games play their opening videos/whatever, then get to the games' main menus where you can choose start game, and usually after I try to start a game, it just goes to a black screen and then I have to either exit the emulator or turn off the PSP if that doesn't work.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? I used to have a PSP 1000 a few years ago and remember running GBA games on it no problem, and while some SNES games had their issues, it was not nearly as bad as this. I really have no idea what to do at this point. Does anyone know what could be wrong? FWIW, PS1 games run fine and without any hiccups. I did buy the system used, so maybe the memory card that came with it could be a fake and is causing problems? It is a Sony 4 GB one though...

I used this link to see what emulators to download: http://pspslimhacks.com/psp-emulators/
(snes9xtyl 0.4.2 ME and UO gpsp kai 3.4 test 1 build 2)

Also, I remember back in the day I used to have to create GAME150 folders in PSP's directory for some of these emulators. I haven't done this at all with this PSP. Can that be a cause of the problems?

Any help would be appreciated! I mainly bought a PSP again for SNES and GBA emulation, so it's really a bummer that it's not working as well as I remember my old PSP working for those applications.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)