Assax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SimpyDsi said:
Uh, why are sony saying CC data was encrypted?

Exactly my point, they are being watched now anyway, I cannot imagine that they would lie about this, it would just cause more trouble than they already have.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
shadowmanwkp said:
DC>CC

European people's mouths drop to the ground out of sheer shock when they hear that people in the US use credit cards for everyday stuff like shopping.
i use my debit card for lots of stuff to buy online (mainly ebay and amazon) i make sure there's just enough in there to cover the costs of what i'm buying that way if any1 does somehow get hold of the number and try to use it will be declined every single time
tongue.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it sounds very fishy
this news only comes only after sony announces that CC numbers were not stolen

maybe to create fear mongering, or just a few internet trolls

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
it sounds very fishy
this news only comes only after sony announces that CC numbers were not stolen

maybe to create fear mongering, or just a few internet trolls

Didn't they say that they may have been stolen, but there were unsure?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
TehSkull said:
Dude, if I were them, I'd take $1 from every account. No one would notice.
and how are they gonna do that they don't have the card to get it out of the atm or the method to use their online bank account they only have the numbers. what are they gonna do buy something for $1 2.2m times online?!
rofl2.gif

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
KingVamp said:
Can't believe Foxi4 think we have the right to be screwed.
dry.gif

Wonder what he say if he was screwed.

I wouldn't. I'm not dum-dum enough to put my adress and important information anywhere on the internet, for there is literally nothing that can keep that information safe.

Every bit on info that could cause me monetary, property or health damadge is held where it's safe - in my HEAD. Valuable lesson for the future.

You don't deserve to be screwed, there's nothing that's stopping you from being screwed when you're not cautious though. Just call the bank and lock-up your card, how hard is that? They'll issue a new one within one week.

Welcome to the real world, where there is no such thing as an invisible net that'll catch you each time you fall. You fall - you facepalm againts the gravel. Whether it was your or someone else's fault doesn't really matter - you still should've straighten your arms in time, or at least be cautious.

D

Deleted User

Did you have to use a credit card when you signed up to the PSN? I can't remember.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Saturnplanet5 said:
Did you have to use a credit card when you signed up to the PSN? I can't remember.
Nope

and hope they have better security in the NGP.
I never use credit cards just those visa gift card things you get at the stores so no problem for me

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
shadowmanwkp said:
DC>CC

Really, you get situations like this if you can get people to spend money they don't have REGULARLY. European people's mouths drop to the ground out of sheer shock when they hear that people in the US use credit cards for everyday stuff like shopping. Could easily be done with a debit card that already has the money you own. Really, you get situations like this if you make this happen all the time, forget to pay once and you have a debt. Hence why the credit crisis started, everybody spent money they didn't have (arguably, this isn't really a huge cause, but it did contribute to it).
You are a LOT more at risk if you use a Debit Card 24/7, especially if you use it online. WHen you get a Credit Card there are extra security measures that will mean if you get your details stolen your money is more protected than if you had used a Debit Card. I can't remember the exact specifics though but the advice is often if you're buying online, especially large things: Use a credit card and pay it off at the end of the month.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
antwill said:
jaxxster said:
Sounds fake to me! From the layout/format of the data they're offering it sounds pretty fishy.
That and I'm pretty sure PSN never asked for phone numbers or CVV2 numbers either...

I'm unsure about that. I thought without that number its impossible to make an online transaction.

exentro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
jaxxster said:
antwill said:
jaxxster said:
Sounds fake to me! From the layout/format of the data they're offering it sounds pretty fishy.
That and I'm pretty sure PSN never asked for phone numbers or CVV2 numbers either...

I'm unsure about that. I thought without that number its impossible to make an online transaction.

Either way, you can still make an online transaction with PSN value cards. I don't own a credit card but i'm still able buy stuff off the PSN. I think it's best not to use a credit card for any online transactions

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
obvious trolls are obvious

if i had 2.2 mill CC numbers, i'd steal 100$ from each one, rather than sell each for 15$

... how pathetic is this.; the chances if this is real is very slim. Regardless, it's something, if i ever used a CC number on PSN, i would have canceled it by now for sure.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jamstruth said:
shadowmanwkp said:
DC>CC

Really, you get situations like this if you can get people to spend money they don't have REGULARLY. European people's mouths drop to the ground out of sheer shock when they hear that people in the US use credit cards for everyday stuff like shopping. Could easily be done with a debit card that already has the money you own. Really, you get situations like this if you make this happen all the time, forget to pay once and you have a debt. Hence why the credit crisis started, everybody spent money they didn't have (arguably, this isn't really a huge cause, but it did contribute to it).
You are a LOT more at risk if you use a Debit Card 24/7, especially if you use it online. WHen you get a Credit Card there are extra security measures that will mean if you get your details stolen your money is more protected than if you had used a Debit Card. I can't remember the exact specifics though but the advice is often if you're buying online, especially large things: Use a credit card and pay it off at the end of the month.

You can block a debit card the same way as a credit card, in fact a credit card was less secure than a debit card for a while, because you didn't have to use your pin for payments, like that's more secure. There is also a lot more tracking on debit cards, ATM machines that are fitted with cameras, bank logs, secured connections while online and daily limits. And to top it all of, you're dealing with a bank, not a credit card company. A bank will understand situations better, because they can get a much better profile of your income and spendings. If they suddenly see your bank account being emptied they will see something is fishy. However, a credit card company only sees your expenses. If you suddenly spend a lot, it could be to pay your other debts, so they are much more skeptical when it comes to this. What the biggest risk of buying everything on credit is that you can get a HUGE debt if it gets stolen, while with a debit card there ain't much more to steal than the amount on your bank account. You can't deny the very fact that people can get money that there isn't while letting others sit with a huge debt.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shadowmanwkp said:

CC's are great if you are not an idiot and use them where they are the better option. Your insured after a certain amount on a CC (I think it's anything over £50 in the UK), so if your not sure about the company you are dealing with the CC is the better option. In cases like this I'm pretty certain you could claim any money stolen back from either your bank or Sony if someone does steal stuff even on a DC though. I had a debit card cloned once, and got everything back in the long run. But it was been used hundreds of miles apart within in minutes so maybe that was because the bank should have noticed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==