Homebrew PSA: Nintendo is not transferring any NNID with only Legend of Exidia on it

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
So I just got off the phone with a Nintendo of America supervisor. He told me that due to a new policy, any NNID that only has a purchase that was pulled from the eshop on it cannot be transferred by them.

For background, I purchased Legends of Exidia on my gf's 2DS two weeks ago. I also downloaded the free Steel Diver. I then system transferred twice and hacked two other 2DS with it. So, wanting to avoid another system transfer to get it back to my system, I called up Nintendo and gave them the information...got a confirmation over the phone that the transfer was in progress. Then woke up today to an email telling me to call their supervisor line.

I confirmed before getting off with him that I could just do the system transfer myself and just re-download it that way, he got kinda dumb sounding and was like "Yeah, you definitely could do that. I'm so sorry we can't help you."

I just thought my friends at GBAtemp should know, in case you are in the same situation and want NoA to transfer your NNID w/ LoE.

I imagine if you have other purchases that aren't pulled, this won't apply to you.

Reactions: KytuzuEX

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh oh, I was planning to transfer back to my source 3DS tonight.

I have other purchases though (incl. other DSiWare), we'll see how it goes

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Uh oh, I was planning to transfer back to my source 3DS tonight.

I have other purchases though (incl. other DSiWare), we'll see how it goes
You should be okay then, I was told it was because the only purchase I had was pulled from the shop. He made it sound like if I had other purchases, they could've done it.

I think they're just trying to screw over the downgraders and cfw users that only purchased the game for it's hax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee