Votes: 147 38.0%

• Total voters

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
@gudenaurock

The second hand seller being Supercard who sold you the stolen gun that is. But thats not the point; this is - GW told you to stay away from their stuff, you refused and got burned. And for what, $5?
Its common knowledge GW had the brick code and even publicly stated to stay away from the clones, realistically the only ones at fault are those who didnt heed the warning.

gw.png

Last edited by guitarheroknight,
Reactions: hobbledehoy899

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
They are not steeling though, is Dolphin stealing? Same thing.
SC is emulating the hardware of the GW, and then the user downloads the GW software.
The second hand seller being Supercard who sold you the stolen gun that is. But thats not the point; this is - GW told you to stay away from their stuff, you refused and got burned. And for what, $5?
Its common knowledge GW had the brick code and even publicly stated to stay away from the clones, realistically the only ones at fault are those who didnt heed the warning.

View attachment 30758
how could you be so sure that there's brick code in launcher.dat? did you reveres engineering it and found the brick code?
it's obviously there are flaws in the supercard's gw plugin
http://forum.supercard.sc/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=12476&pid=90370

Last edited by dsrules,

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wiis are sold, and it emulates them aswell.
Ah yeah, true. I always forget about that console since the only thing I like with it is PM, which isn't even an official game lol.
Still, Dolphin isn't stealing since it's free, they don't get anything from doing that. They ruin the industry if you want, which is another problem, but they don't steal.

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how could you be so sure that there's brick code in laucher.dat? did you reveres engineering it and found the brick code?
it's obviously there are flaws in the supercard's gw plugin
http://forum.supercard.sc/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=12476&pid=90370
Where else would the brick code be? SC gains nothing from bricking their own customer's consoles, and it wouldn't be the first time GW put code to deliberately brick consoles in their Launcher.dat.

Blue Lamb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This forum has too many memeboys. I have a Gateway and spent about $60-$70 on it. It's shitty that Gateway has a history of bricking people's system but they ARE a business. I could have bought a clone but that's stupid. Why the fuck would I buy a clone of something and try to run another companys' software on it? The Clone company doesn't fucking maintain that software so what if something were to go wrong? And Gateway doesn't give a fuck about the clones. They're not getting paid to maintain compatibility for clone hardware.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Saying rxtools is the panacea for GW bricks is a little disingenuous considering all the bricks that come from using that CFW.
(insufficient user warnings, sloppy codebase, etc.)

I also wonder how many bricks are resulting from not using the latest DS2plus plugin. I doubt that's the reason though.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
supercard are dumb, its exactly what everyone said before they even released their "e̶m̶u̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶" clone software, you simply do not clone a team you know will take a shotgun to your users if you clone them, its not like this was the first time, they MUST have known they were putting their own customers at risk by shoveling out their clone software

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thing I decided to wait before I jumped the gun on a DSTWO+. Right now I'm happily running CFW anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: speaking of roasted nuts, do you guys prefer your peanuts salted or honey roasted?