Trollus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,
I just got a PS5 with a broken HDMI port as well as the two rear USB ports and the fan connector torn off. I have already changed the HDMI port, the USB ports and I resoldered the fan connector. I checked that the PWM from the fan connector is connected to the test point on the back of the motherboard (EDM-010) no problem there. Despite this, I have no voltage on the PWM pin and I don't see where to do the test. If any of you have a clue to point me in the direction that would be great.
I of course tested the PS5, it works but the fan doesn't work.
Have a good day.
Jerome

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,
I just got a PS5 with a broken HDMI port as well as the two rear USB ports and the fan connector torn off. I have already changed the HDMI port, the USB ports and I resoldered the fan connector. I checked that the PWM from the fan connector is connected to the test point on the back of the motherboard (EDM-010) no problem there. Despite this, I have no voltage on the PWM pin and I don't see where to do the test. If any of you have a clue to point me in the direction that would be great.
I of course tested the PS5, it works but the fan doesn't work.
Have a good day.
Jerome
show your connector work and pwm jumer in picture

Trollus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for the answer. Here is the connector. I had removed the jump since the connection between the PWM pin of the connector and the alternative PWM point at the back was good and the jump had not changed anything.

Attachments

• IMG_1778.jpg
    IMG_1778.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the answer. Here is the connector. I had removed the jump since the connection between the PWM pin of the connector and the alternative PWM point at the back was good and the jump had not changed anything.
Are you able to measure resistance reading or diode mode reading from multimeter on each pin?

Trollus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
On the PWM pin as well as the alternating PWM point 52.7 Ohm and 0.05 in diode mode, on the GND pin 0.5 Ohm and 0 in diode, on the 12V OL and 0.4 in diode black probe to GND and 0.4 to OL red probe to GND

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
On the PWM pin as well as the alternating PWM point 52.7 Ohm and 0.05 in diode mode, on the GND pin 0.5 Ohm and 0 in diode, on the 12V OL and 0.4 in diode black probe to GND and 0.4 to OL red probe to GND
PWM pin diode reading on my working/donor board is 1.5~1.67v(black pro GND) or 0.527(red pro on GND). Your reading seems to indicate issue.
Do you measure them when fan disconnected?

Trollus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My fan is disconnected
Post automatically merged:

Same measure with two different fan connected

Last edited by Trollus,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste