ps4 or xbox 1?

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm talking in terms of hardware performance, not popularity.
1st party games..if they have any..will make use of the Scorpios power everything else won't games will still be designed for the dominant console sales wise. Also i dunno if having a stronger console for like 2 years until the ps5 is a accomplishment espesially when sales are already 3-1 against you.

Last edited by Bonestorm,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1st party games..if they have any..will make use of the Scorpios power everything else won't games will still be designed for the dominant console sales wise. Also i dunno if having a stronger console for like 2 years until the ps5 is a accomplishment espesially when sales are already 3-1 against you.
AFAIK, the way the Scorpio is designed every game forcibly uses the added power, without needing updates (like a PC).

PS: Check some DF videos and related articles on the web.

Reactions: Deleted User

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AFAIK, the way the Scorpio is designed every game forcibly uses the added power, without needing updates (like a PC).

PS: Check some DF videos and related articles on the web.
If a game is hardcoded at 30FPS by devs it wont run any higher than that no matter what you do and every 3rd party game will be designed around 30fps because that's where the sales are on the PS4.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If a game is hardcoded at 30FPS by devs it wont run any higher than that no matter what you do and every 3rd party game will be designed around 30fps because that's where the sales are on the PS4.
No, but the dynamic resolution will go up, and you know with the original XBOX ONE almost never catching up to 1080p that is a plus.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm deciding PS4 even if i truly want a switch but those are still rare, I can even play my brother in games (if i can save up for ps+) he lives in Colorado now and i still live in Virginia also what games should you suggest (usually heavily into rpgs maybe a shooter or 2)
Here's a couple good ones off the top of my head:
1. Witcher 3 + Expansions (PLAY THIS!)
2. Final Fantasy XV
3. Persona 5
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. Bloodborne

If you haven't played The Witcher 3, then I HIGHLY recommend it. It's one of the greatest games I have ever played. You should also check out Persona 5, it's quite lengthy and really well made.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here's a couple good ones off the top of my head:
1. Witcher 3 + Expansions (PLAY THIS!)
2. Final Fantasy XV
3. Persona 5
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. Bloodborne

If you haven't played The Witcher 3, then I HIGHLY recommend it. It's one of the greatest games I have ever played. You should also check out Persona 5, it's quite lengthy and really well made.
I think I saw a game that got a very good review recently on that horrible site that destroyed Zelda BOTW and FFXV... what was it again...
Ah, yeah... https://gbatemp.net/review/nier-automata.585/

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
S

Saiyan Lusitano

PS4 has the best gaming catalogue of this generation and exclusives too. Unlike on Xbox or Switch, PS4 actually has the entire Kingdom Hearts' collection available to play while on Xbox they'll only have KH3 and Switch.. *crickets*. Yes, the KH collection is a re-release but neither Microsoft or Nintendo are getting it.

Sony needs to step it up with Gran Turismo that GT Sport title isn't even GT7 and PS4 has been out for years now. A new MotorStorm would be pretty awesome on PS4 (with PSVR it could be downright breathtakingly amazing).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am a proud owner of an XB1S, and because of this I can fully recommend you to buy a PS4.
(if it is games what you want)

Characteristics of PS4:
+Has more games.
+Has Japanese games.
+Games run better, more resolution, more FPS.
+Is cheap
-Is loud as fuck IMHO.
-DualJoke 4 controllers eat the batteries in 8 hours.

Characteristics of XB1S:
+Better design, it actually looks good and high quality.
+Can play 4k BluRays
+Has Forza and Halo
+Is cheap
+Personal opinion, I prefer the controllers by far.
-Less games, no Nier Automata, no Horizon.
-Too few Japanese games, no Persona 5.
-Games run worse.
For the best PS4 experience new customers should purchase the PS4 Pro for the absolute best performance that games can get on the system. It's pricier than the PS4 Slim (no point buying the original PS4 anymore) but worth it on the long run.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Or if you have the patience and money you could wait for Project Scorpio to come along and dethrone both the PS4 Pro and XBONE S.
What Xbox One has going for it is the 360 BC and multiplat games, that's about it. Well, there are some exclusives but it's just the usual Halo, Forza, Gears and Scalebou-- Oh wait, that was cancelled. :P

PS4
More powerfull
Better controler
More exclusive titles
Mostly agree but 'better controller'? They're both fantastic but if I had to choose between PS4 or XO controller, I'd go with the latter. It's the controller layout that my hands feel comfortable with and the Switch Pro Controller is like a little bro of the XO controller. :P

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Well the Xbone S at least has 4k Blu Ray support going for it.
Well, there's that but in terms of games Xbox only has 360 BC + multiplats, basically. Not that I'm knocking on Xbox 'only' having multiplats but it should have a quality library of exclusive games too just as PlayStation does.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What Xbox One has going for it is the 360 BC and multiplat games, that's about it. Well, there are some exclusives but it's just the usual Halo, Forza, Gears and Scalebou-- Oh wait, that was cancelled. :P

Mostly agree but 'better controller'? They're both fantastic but if I had to choose between PS4 or XO controller, I'd go with the latter. It's the controller layout that my hands feel comfortable with and the Switch Pro Controller is like a little bro of the XO controller. :P
I prefer PS4 controler over the xbox one, i find the xbox one just too fat
and the switch joycons feels okay too i will buy the pro controller just to avoid clipping them each time

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I prefer PS4 controler over the xbox one, i find the xbox one just too fat
and the switch joycons feels okay too i will buy the pro controller just to avoid clipping them each time
The Joy-Cons are perfectly fine and hadn't I purchased the Pro Controller, the Joy-Cons alone would have sufficed me.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Joy-Cons are perfectly fine and hadn't I purchased the Pro Controller, the Joy-Cons alone would have sufficed me.
Yeah but i'm the type of never play then play 48h in row gamer so the joycon battery aren't enough
plus i don't like to detatch and atatch them each times since it might get loose over a long period of time and i feel like it is a lot of hassle
though i found them great and confortable i will buy the pro controler just for convenience

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-