ps4 or xbox 1?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey moving on the 30th and going to sell furniture anyways with the money i was gonna buy one of the 2 said consoles any thoughts and why? (might buy a switch later if w/e Pokemon game comes out)

Last edited by chrisrlink, , Reason: added some more

Paccc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PS4, it has exclusive titles, standard HID controllers and you might actually know friends owning one.

D

Deleted-379826

If you can definitely PC but that's besides the point. I'd say go with PS4. The PS4 has more exclusives, along with better exclusives. IMO the controller certainly is nicer and I like the lightbar. The PS4 is slightly more powerful on top of that and has you're more likely to find friends with a PS4 than with an Xbox one. I think the PS4 is smaller as well if space is a problem. The OS is also a lot more clean and nicer on the PS4 with the Xbox OS seeming slightly excessive and weird. Although, the Xbox One does have BC with some games and emulators too!

Reactions: iAqua
D

Deleted User

Or if you have the patience and money you could wait for Project Scorpio to come along and dethrone both the PS4 Pro and XBONE S.

McBing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd go with the PS4, I own both systems, but I dunno, I'm not a huge fan of Halo and the only game I see myself playing once in a while is Forza Horizon 3.

With the PS4 you get Uncharted, God Of War and Horizon, to name a few. But the controller is ...meh, I always prefed the Xbox controller... but it won't harm the system at all, I'd always go with the ps4 again.

BC is nice and all, I thought so too at first, but actually I never played any old 360 games......
And I don't think the Scorpio will push any new awesome exclusives, but maybe they will prove me wrong.

TL;DR: PS4 > Xbox in my opinion

Last edited by McBing,

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
^ - Whereas I'm the other way round: have both but prefer the Xbox One any day of the week. The controller thing is a sticking point almost as much as the exclusives, I've played Forza Horizon 3 on PC using a PS4 pad and it's nowhere near as good, but having bought Xbox One Rogue Legacy and getting the PS4 version on Plus, I prefer the PS4 pad for that.
(Quick note: the Xbox 360 dpad is fukkin horrific I think we can all agree, but despite being in the same position the XO dpad is MILES better! Still not as good as the DS4 dpad [position] though)
Emulation is a thing on the XO, and if you only want the one console hooked up... also there's BC, which now always provides a better experience than on 360 - Geometry Wars 2 is now available and looks fantastic in 1080p.
If you're a racing fan the Forza Horizon games are simply not to be missed, 3 is probably the best racing game ever made in my opinion, and 2 is up there too.
Also Killer Instinct reboot >> SFV, any day of the week. And I'm a big SF fan!

PS4? More powerful, better selection of exclusives, especially Japanese ones, and has been smashing it this year with game releases: we're only in May and there's been a fantastic list of games come out already - probably the best ever release list in that space of time for any console ever!

Frankly, I need to have both! :lol:, but if the missus went off on one and ordered me to sell one of them, I'd regretfully have to sell the PS4...

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am a proud owner of an XB1S, and because of this I can fully recommend you to buy a PS4.
(if it is games what you want)

Characteristics of PS4:
+Has more games.
+Has Japanese games.
+Games run better, more resolution, more FPS.
+Is cheap
-Is loud as fuck IMHO.
-DualJoke 4 controllers eat the batteries in 8 hours.

Characteristics of XB1S:
+Better design, it actually looks good and high quality.
+Can play 4k BluRays
+Has Forza and Halo
+Is cheap
+Personal opinion, I prefer the controllers by far.
-Less games, no Nier Automata, no Horizon.
-Too few Japanese games, no Persona 5.
-Games run worse.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

McBing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh yeah right, the PS4 IS loud as fuck, really, that's one thing that bothers me, I don't know if this changed with newer revisions.
When I play Horizon my Fiancee is always annoyed by the loudness! (Maybe this is one thing to consider for you)

D

Deleted-379826

The PS4 Slim makes it slightly less noisy, certainly noticeable but it did improve. Plus slim is cheaper and they don't sell original models anymore, so if you don't want Pro, you're getting a slim.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either a PS4 now or wait and see what Scorpio turns out to really offer and for what price.

Unless you have a hankering right now for 4k BluRay, as Xbone plays them, but no PS4 (even Pro) does,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm deciding PS4 even if i truly want a switch but those are still rare, I can even play my brother in games (if i can save up for ps+) he lives in Colorado now and i still live in Virginia also what games should you suggest (usually heavily into rpgs maybe a shooter or 2)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended