Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 277,360
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

killmister2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pls help it keeps freezing every time I click "Write to NOR flash memory"
I have a ps3 slim CECH-2003 I bought just today
It took me quite a while to succeed. Reboot your PS3 after something like 10 tries. Also make sure your USB drive is working properly, and the flsh.hex file is placed on the root of your USB drive.

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It took me quite a while to succeed. Reboot your PS3 after something like 10 tries. Also make sure your USB drive is working properly, and the flsh.hex file is placed on the root of your USB drive.
I got flsh.hex on the root of my usb, I verified the md5 checksum, i tried both usb ports, and I even used minchkver.PUP. It actually says "SUCCESS... Wait a few minutes until console beeps and shuts down!" But my Ps3 instantly freezes afterwards and I have to switch it off and on again.
Btw Im using an 8GB usb formatted as fat32 with 32k clusters, and Im using redthetrainer's site instead of hosting my own server. Do you think that's an issue?

UPDATE: I used a different USB and it beeped three times and shut down without freezing. It may have worked...

Last edited by Alex4nder001,

killmister2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got flsh.hex on the root of my usb, I verified the md5 checksum, i tried both usb ports, and I even used minchkver.PUP. It actually says "SUCCESS... Wait a few minutes until console beeps and shuts down!" But my Ps3 instantly freezes afterwards and I have to switch it off and on again.
Btw Im using an 8GB usb formatted as fat32 with 32k clusters, and Im using redthetrainer's site instead of hosting my own server. Do you think that's an issue?

UPDATE: I used a different USB and it beeped three times and shut down without freezing. It may have worked...
It should have indeed. Congrats on succeeding! Now it's time for a Rebug install :)

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
look at it this way. You got a instant cfw, the xploit tool takes a while to succeed. took me 4 hours to get cfw with this exploit.
How did it take you 4 hours? Took me about 25 minutes including getting it self hosted, digging up my flash drive, and failing the first time because the drive wasn't detected by the ps3.

D

Deleted User

OP
ho crap. i spend 200$ to buy 2.85 ps3 slim. i could wait and save money. ho well... i'm glad that other people can now be in the wonderful land of homebrew and piracy. my ps3 is collect dust anyway.

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ho crap. i spend 200$ to buy 2.85 ps3 slim. i could wait and save money. ho well... i'm glad that other people can now be in the wonderful land of homebrew and piracy. my ps3 is collect dust anyway.
Bought mine jus yesterday for 80 quid (around $110)
One thing you gotta learn, its always worth waiting for a console to become cheaper, and for its maker to discontinue the console and stop releasing updates. By then you can get hax and piracy real easy.
Thats why I own a Wii in 2017

Last edited by Alex4nder001,
D

Deleted User

OP
200? I got a slim in like new condition for 90$
good for you.
can you remind me where you live?? ho right united states. of course you will get it for cheaper price.
try to find a -3.55 ps3 slim in Israel for 90$. i'm well aware that i paid more than needed for this.

by the way only the shipping from USA to Israel (eBay) cost more than 90 bucks.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep.
Make sure you get the 4.82 multiman.
Thanks a mil :) I'm currently trying to use my hdd to transfer some isos but multiman isnt recognizing the drive. I was bummed out since i dont like ftp so I tried playing a bluray that worked before the cfw but it gives me an error now so im SOL. Guess I gotta get a dual boot.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How can you not like FTP?
It's the quickest way of transferring files out there?

Just hook your PS3 and PC/laptop up to an ethernet connection.

Anyway, enable the PFS driver in Multiman.
That should scan for NTFS drives.

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can you not like FTP?
It's the quickest way of transferring files out there?

Just hook your PS3 and PC/laptop up to an ethernet connection.

Anyway, enable the PFS driver in Multiman.
That should scan for NTFS drives.

FTP is slower than transferring the games to the external HDD via computer

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
FTP is slower than transferring the games to the external HDD via computer

I get 90 MB/s FTP speeds on me server.
PS3 ~30 MB/s.

Yeh, USB 3 is faster when it comes to transferring shit from a PC with USB 3 to a external device, but the PS3 is still limited to USB 2 speeds.

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee