Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 276,473
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get 90 MB/s FTP speeds on me server.
PS3 ~30 MB/s.

Yeh, USB 3 is faster when it comes to transferring shit from a PC with USB 3 to a external device, but the PS3 is still limited to USB 2 speeds.

i get 130 - 140MBytes per second when transferring to my in house server or to a USB 3.0 hdd
i get 20Mbytes per second when transferring to my ps3

ill rather transferring to my external hdd

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i get 130 - 140MBytes per second when transferring to my in house server or to a USB 3.0 hdd
i get 20Mbytes per second when transferring to my ps3

ill rather transferring to my external hdd

Idk, FTP from me server/laptop to PS3 is quicker then transfer to an external and then copying it to the PS3

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the FTP speed is often limited by the router (10/100MBps instead of 1000MBps), and the cable type (CAT5 is limited to 10/100MBps too, while CAT5E and CAT6 goes up to 1000MBps and CAT6A up to 10GBps).
it's faster if you connect the PS3 directly to the PC's ethernet port, don't go through a switch or router, but don't use CAT5 cable or it will throttle the speed. Use a short ethernet cable.

you need to set the PS3 and PC network manually instead of using DHCP, set two different IP on the same network interface (same starting IP address, like 10.0.0.x or 192.168.0.x, with subnet as always 255.255.255.0), you don't even need a gateway IP as you don't want internet access.

Last edited by Cyan,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, it's much faster than the 360 via ethernet because of that. when I backed up my 360's 1TB drive, I had to leave it running over night. it was transferring at between 2-4 MBs/second. lol

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no PS3 hack that is for PS3 SuperSlim users and there never will be. It's like wanting to play Vita games that require firmware above 3.60 on a homebrewed Vita, it'll never happen.

You are actually very wrong. This exploit works fine on super slim. It grants access to protected lvl 2 memory remapping which in turn means all the brew and shot that's already out there can and will be ported over. It's just a matter of building a functional payload for the superslim that's not just a flasher to patch NOR/NAND for CFW. This has been discussed and confirmed many times. Confirmation from the developers of this exploit even so yes the superslim can and will be jailbroken. You want proof of my claims look at the fact that this will brick non compatible models. To write to internal flash requires lvl2 memory access and clearly this hack has write access to flash memory if it's bricking. The reasons the current payload bricks is because of metldr2 this piece of boot code panics when the old signing keys are patched in. In short the superslim can and will be hacked but unlike the older models it will be a temporary hack. Now please quit spreading misinformation.

Also 3.61+ PS Vita games isn't impossible at all. Just currently no one has managed to decrypt them. While unlikely to happen anytime soon don't be so quick to say no. After all everyone said for many years we will not see CFW for any PS3 on firmware 3.56+ without a hardware hack and yet here we are with a 4.82 firmware jailbreak.

Last edited by mikey420,

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
You are actually very wrong. This exploit works fine on super slim. It grants access to protected lvl 2 memory remapping which in turn means all the brew and shot that's already out there can and will be ported over. It's just a matter of building a functional payload for the superslim that's not just a flasher to patch NOR/NAND for CFW. This has been discussed and confirmed many times. Confirmation from the developers of this exploit even so yes the superslim can and will be jailbroken. You want proof of my claims look at the fact that this will brick non compatible models. To write to internal flash requires lvl2 memory access and clearly this hack has write access to flash memory if it's bricking. The reasons the current payload bricks is because of metldr2 this piece of boot code panics when the old signing keys are patched in. In short the superslim can and will be hacked but unlike the older models it will be a temporary hack. Now please quit spreading misinformation.

Also 3.61+ PS Vita games isn't impossible at all. Just currently no one has managed to decrypt them. While unlikely to happen anytime soon don't be so quick to say no. After all everyone said for many years we will not see CFW for any PS3 on firmware 3.56+ without a hardware hack and yet here we are with a 4.82 firmware jailbreak.

Was about to respond to that but you saved me the effort, top man and a tip of the hat for sprinkling that wisdom on em. Make it rain!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-