Hacking PS3 Super Slim 4.82 HAN - Transferring files > 4gb to the console via ethernet cable

Barrons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
i wanted to get some advice.

so last night i managed to transfer a 10gb game via PKG Linker 2.0 over wifi which took 2 hours to do....

After getting it all set up i read you can connect an ethernet cable direct to the PS3 connected to the laptop to get a quicker install / download speed.

i have PS3xploit resigner to resigner the games.
i have pkg linker 2.0 installed and running over wifi

does anyone know what settings we need to change to get this all set up on HAN 3.0 - PS3 Super Slim 4.82 via ethernet

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks!

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Because it is CAT5, it is slightly different if you use CAT5e or CAT6
I doubt it's a cable limitation, swapped for a 5e, not even a slightest difference.
edit: I'll play with wire ps3 setting and see if that helps.

edit2: I've tried downloading same file from my older laptop through old cat5 cable. It's 11.1MB/s. Same server, router, and host pc settings. Yet ethanol decides to download it at 1.3MB/s.
edit3: Some forums suggested hdd failure. But wouldn't it be slow in loading games, too? MW2 loads super fast for example. Also speed would fluctuate from 1.3 up and down. But maybe not. I'd have to swap the drive to see if that's the case.
edit4: And the weakest link is the.. HDD.
44146bd9f3.png
edit 5: Forgot to update but I've swapped hdds and benchmarked both. WD Blue 2.5" 5400rpm drive I've put into ps3 scored 100 something MB/s sequential while stock pos3 toshiba 5.5MB/s writes.
It was slower in ps3 presumably because of encrypted file system of ps3. Thus apache reported 1.3MB/s. 4500GB title downloaded in less than 10 minutes on the new drive with apache reporting ~8MB/s.

tl:dr Benchmark your drive ff you buy a used pos3, make sure it's not dead before even turning on ps3.

Last edited by BasedIndex,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work