Hardware PS3 HDD Recovery

Andim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There are a couple similar threads up, but they didn't help me. Anyway, my PS3 went and crashed on me. I started it up, and it froze on the startup screen. One forced reboot later, it tells me that "The file system on the system storage is corrupted and will be restored". This process fails immediately, and it tells me that the HDD is going to be formatted.
Thing is, I have like 40 PS3 games on there, and I don't have backups. So I don't want to format. The HDD seems to be in working order, there's no bad sectors or anything. The machine is hacked, but I never bothered getting my EID key. And as I understand it, plugging in a new hard drive will mean that my original drive will not work on the same PS3 without being formatted again.

My idea is to install a different HDD, dump my HDD keys, then salvage my data using PS3 HDD Reader on the PC. I could also try using dd under linux to clone the drive, but I'm not convinced that will work. Thoughts? I'm assuming I'll keep my CWF through a HDD swap?

Edit: I can boot into safe mode, but every option just hangs for hours. Nothing works.

Last edited by Andim,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-