Hacking PS3 Break new update problem

UnitGGChamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now it says on the site to download the burner tool files and to run PS3break_v1.1 to load the hex file on to the dongle..Well I have Vista 64 bit and every time I try to load that file it crashes..Anyone know where I can get a tool to do the same for injecting the hex file onto the dongle?

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Because Vista has so many problems you have other options like finding an XP machine and try to do the process or just try to right click the files and make sure you click to run as administrator. Most of the problems are in the administrator privileges. Also you could right clicked the files and in the compatibility tab select runs as in Win XP SP 2 and as administrator. Try them both and post your results. For that kind of software your asking for you will have to find someone who had develop it already maybe one of the other member could help you.

UnitGGChamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok it may be a few days before I have access to xp..Another problem is the dongle is not showing up in my computer,it installed the drivers successfully but nothing showed up..It is the official PS3break as I matched all the legit marks.(upgrade button,size,case etc) also their customer service does not respond to anything..I also tried the admin right click was a no go..

UPDATE!!!

dotnetfx and vcredist needed to be installed prior to the exe file...Now the problem is the Microchip USB HID is not reading the USB because it is not in bootloader mode..Anyone know how to work this? or how to get in that mode..

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
UnitGGChamp said:
ok it may be a few days before I have access to xp..Another problem is the dongle is not showing up in my computer,it installed the drivers successfully but nothing showed up..It is the official PS3break as I matched all the legit marks.(upgrade button,size,case etc) also their customer service does not respond to anything..I also tried the admin right click was a no go..

UPDATE!!!

dotnetfx and vcredist needed to be installed prior to the exe file...Now the problem is the Microchip USB HID is not reading the USB because it is not in bootloader mode..Anyone know how to work this? or how to get in that mode..

If that's an hex...why dont you use FLIP to flash it?

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
it its legit ps3break he has pic chip inside,so he should use hex to flash it, but that apparently cant be done, although some claim that is possible,i am also an user of first ps3 break and will try the update soon.. and report fcourse

UnitGGChamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pakatus said:
UnitGGChamp said:

UPDATE!!!

If that's an hex...why dont you use FLIP to flash it?

never heard of it,where can I locate it? or whats the full name of the app if abbreviated..I'm lost when it comes to this but I am computer smart to a point..I just need a program to inject the hex file but the program I have (from the dongles site)says I need to be in bootloader mode for it to read the USB which I have no clue how to get there..I tried holding down the update button on the dongle but nothing..Also would anyone know what is the ID of the Atmel chip as that would help a little..

UPDATE: Seems I'm not the only one,several forums are stating the same problem with legit dongles..In process of using flip,will get back to you guys..

UPDATE: Ok using flip..Does not read anything..It asks me which device to use from the drop down box but none of which are appearing in device manager for me..so this begs the question do the clones or legit ones make a difference if the official one can't update or load or anything..Very mad,still looking for a solution..

UnitGGChamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea this sucks big time,do you have an ID for your Atmel chip? maybe it will help us using the flip application..

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
i believe we do not have atmel chip but pic one.. pic is cheaper alternative used in legit ps3break v1.0 and it cant be upgraded.. i am almost sure of that now..

and thats not very nice of ps3break team,but i hardly suspect well get any refund or something..
frown.gif

big thread here : http://psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php...391&page=34

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
wait guys...had the same issues...here's how i "layed" it down:
1 - Download flip and install
2 - Connect dongle to my pc
3 - It installed the "Generic Hub shit" leave him.
4 - Pressed the update button
5 - It started installing a new device.
6 - It installed some shitty thing
7 - Update driver @ device manager
8 - Pointed to FLIP installed directory
9 - Installed ok.
10 - FLIP flashed ok.

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Pakatus said:
9 - Installed ok.
10 - FLIP flashed ok.
cool,but when I press update nothing happens
frown.gif

UnitGGChamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
testatura said:
Pakatus said:
9 - Installed ok.
10 - FLIP flashed ok.
cool,but when I press update nothing happens
frown.gif

same here,nothing happened..this can only mean some of there batches were infact crap pic chips when they accused clones of using them they used it themselves and you are right..we won't see a refund..also nothing showed up in my device manager..

UnitGGChamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
testatura said:
where did you buy it from ? mine is from shoptemp...

r4ds-ds,it was legit but ps3break screwed us in saying it was updatable and it clearly is not..also the site removed the dongles as well just like shoptemp..

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
yup so did shoptemp.. sucks to be screwed like that... i wrote few emails to ps3break with no replies, and they did write on their site that they are aware of situation but i still think nothing will happen

ill wait another month or so when teensy++ gets available and go groove
biggrin.gif

grog.gif
cheers dude!

Gobnoblin

Trophies
XP
Country
nod nod same boat here with ps3break dongle direct from shoptemp... tried using the official updater to no avail... may try the flip thing but considering the v1.0 dongle won't go into bootloader mode it seems pretty much doomed to failure.... oh well.... when my development board gets here I'll just update to the latest then lol

UnitGGChamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
testatura said:
yup so did shoptemp.. sucks to be screwed like that... i wrote few emails to ps3break with no replies, and they did write on their site that they are aware of situation but i still think nothing will happen

ill wait another month or so when teensy++ gets available and go groove
biggrin.gif

grog.gif
cheers dude!

so sad about this,well 0shippingzone has the 1.1 version for 23 bucks which is a great deal..just put an order through..still going to experiment with this and update you..or vise versa if you find something..

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why are people still buying them if a ton of people just got screwed with that last ver? lol
there is other ones with about the same price and actual product support

UnitGGChamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
why are people still buying them if a ton of people just got screwed with that last ver? lol
there is other ones with about the same price and actual product support

well I'm looking at my item and noticed the pink foam
frown.gif
feel like jumping somebody on the street..problem when buying from China is the refund process..guess I'm stuck with this..well I can use it for my emulators and my new one for back ups so I don't wear the USB..Now I'm going to jump out a 5 story building and live to tell it..Also on their site does not show the update button text upgrade right next to it(which I have)but above it..I don't know who is screwing who in this case..

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As I said in an earlier post the clones other than PS3Key use PIC only original PS3JB's and PS3Keys use ATMEL and are therefore updateable. I have personally tested the PS3 Break and can confirm what you have happened to you is normal for this brand. They are totally not updatable by the method on their site. If you must have a dongle get the PS3JB or PS3Key. But I suggest a PSGroove device like the TI-84+ calculator. Then you have an upgradable option that is legal to own and is useful in many other ways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol