Gaming PS3 Blu-Ray Movies won't play

BiPoLaR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that my PS3 (MGS4 edition) will not play bluray discs. I can play games and dvds, but when I throw in a bluray movie ie. Avatar and The Departed, all I get is a green screen. Has anyone experienced this? My console is obviously out of warranty and Sony wants $179 to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

BiPoLaR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using HDMI. I've checked the settings several times, including with sony tech support. I'm thinking now that it may be the quality of my hdmi cable. I bought one of those cheap ones off of ebay.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The quality of HDMI you use will have no effect on the screen unless it's a very long cable or it's damaged. Even then, if it can show the PS3 menu, it can show anything else your PS3 outputs. The exception (although I've not tested it) is trying to output a higher resolution/definition than your TV supports (e.g. trying to output 1080p on my 22" TV/Monitor - my monitor can compensate, but sometimes the picture is lost entirely because it can't handle the awesomesauce).

I'm using a £1.50 HDMI cable I got off Amazon and it works perfectly carrying full 1080p signal to a 42" TV.

BiPoLaR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I solved this one myself. I was holding off on updating to the latest firmware aka Other OS killer
frown.gif
to see if geohot was going to do anything worth while, but I finally said screw it and updated to the latest... and GUESS WHAT!? my bluray movies play fine now. touché sony.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
BiPoLaR said:
well I solved this one myself. I was holding off on updating to the latest firmware aka Other OS killer
frown.gif
to see if geohot was going to do anything worth while, but I finally said screw it and updated to the latest... and GUESS WHAT!? my bluray movies play fine now. touché sony.

Well that was just a bad idea for quite a few reason. If you ever have any issues the first thing to do is to update the firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one