PS1/2 PS2 softmod with AR without max media player

omgmog

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
omgmog.net
XP
Country
Best thing to do is to use the "Noob package" from the Free McBoot site. Make a hacked save file with uLaunchElf as the BOOT.ELF inside it, using a PSX game to trigger it, copy the save to memory card from usb using your ARMax, boot PS2 with PSX game + memory card, it should crash + load uLaunchElf, from uLaunchElf you should be able to navigate to mass:/ and load the Free McBoot installer.

Once you've got a modded Fat PS2 flipt, can you see if the memory card will work on the Slim PS2, it's something I've been interested to know.

Afaik the Free McBoot installer just installs files to the memory card, so a modded memory card made on a Fat PS2 *should* work on a Slim PS2.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What your doing now seems to be just running the ESR.ELF. Make sure you install Free McBoot.

Glad my old guide helped you.
smile.gif

flipt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the lack of reply lately. I was installing freemcboot but i was not installing the special dvdpl file. once i installed that (put the file in the inject folder when building my save) and it worked (plus loaded much quicker).

Thanks everyone for you help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4