Hardware PS Vita on WPA2 Enterprise

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since I've got myself a PS4 a week ago, I've been playing with it and testing Remote Play in different locations.

However, I've been trying a couple of things to connect my Vita on a network which uses an WPA2 Enterprise network. The Vita can't connect to those, of course, and I've tried a couple of different things (Wi-Fi sharing from laptop wont work, since it isn't allowed in the domain settings, bluetooth hotspot from my phone won't work either).

What does work is the normal Wi-Fi hotspot from my phone, but with only 6gb of data each month, that isn't a really good option.

Is there anything else I could try, or should I just give up on this network?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
There are a couple ways you can connect to WPA2E connections, hot spots are one, and adding your Vita's MAC address to your router's whitelist.

To do the later, simply spoof the MAC address of your Vita onto a PC, connect to the internet, then try on your Vita. Because your Vita's MAC address is already seen as whitelisted, it then should allow you to connect. This does vary, though, depending on how the network is set up.

You can use third party hotspot programs on your PC to do it, I'm never had luck with Windows' built in internet share but using mHotspot works fine.

Reactions: ResleyZ

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There are a couple ways you can connect to WPA2E connections, hot spots are one, and adding your Vita's MAC address to your router's whitelist.

To do the later, simply spoof the MAC address of your Vita onto a PC, connect to the internet, then try on your Vita. Because your Vita's MAC address is already seen as whitelisted, it then should allow you to connect. This does vary, though, depending on how the network is set up.

You can use third party hotspot programs on your PC to do it, I'm never had luck with Windows' built in internet share but using mHotspot works fine.

Yea MAC spoofing is one thing I'll have to look at, but the laptop I'm using doesn't allow a different MAC address, which is a shame. I might try this out on one of my android phones, in the hope that it'll work.

I tried mHotspot, but that seems to be a GUI for Window's virtual hotspot, which didn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-