PS TV and DSMotion - Portrait/Tate Mode not working on Pinball Arcade game

TheDudeWatches

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I’m fully aware that this might be a very specific question, but for pinball enthusiasts a solution would be killer.

Pinball Arcade supports Tate/portrait mode on the PS Vita if the console is rotated before starting a game and/or in the table selection screen.

I’ve installed the DSMotion plugin on the PS TV and confirmed it is working and registering my DS4 movements with the game Flower.

Sadly when playing Pinball Arcade on my PS TV, no movement of my DS4 is recognised and the game doesn’t go into Tate mode. Sadly there’s no in game option, it’s only triggered by physically rotation the device.

The possibility of being able to play many great tables on a TV in portrait mode would be amazing for any enthusiast.

I’d like to put out word to the developer community that I for one would LOVE seeing a solution. Sadly I’m not very well connected and thus don’t know how to ask for this feature in any other way than creating a thread here.

TIA.

TheDudeWatches

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you for your reply.

I wasn’t aware DSMotion is limited to the games on its compatibility list.

Perhaps someone able finds this thread and is enthusiastic about pinball arcade, too.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dont have Pinball Arcade, so what do you need exactly to get it to work ?

I can confirm that Touchscreen front and back is working over PSTV setup and Sensor Rotation is working over plugins. The only one that is not working over PSTV is 'shaking' sensor and sensor for Up and Down. Otherwise its full compatible. Even when its not on a compatible list, lets find it out, some works some not.

Anyway here is a topic from Dead Space it has a list of Sensor Plugins :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-topic-dead-space-mobile-psvita-port-v1-0-by-atamanenko.621148/

->

Note for DSMotion :
DualShock 3 and 4 motion control support for PlayStation TV
A kernel and a user plugin are required, you must edit your ux0:tai/config.txt file to add them:

*KERNEL
ux0:tai/dsmotion.skprx

*TITLEID00
ux0:tai/dsmotion.suprx

Replace TITLEID00 by a title identifier which needs motion control or by ALL to affect all titles.

->

DSMotion 1.2 :.
Author : OperationNT
NFO : Plugin that enables motion sensors (gyroscope + accelerometer) emulation on DualShock 3 and DualShock 4 controllers for PSTV.
! - Computed orientation is wrong when the controller is turned upside down.
! - Currently, gyroscope data is not exploited during orientation compute.

DS34MotionVita :
Author : MERLev
NFO : Plugin which adds motion control support for PlayStation TV with DualShock controllers. The only difference from DSMotion is reVita compatibility.
it doesn't work well with "ds3vita", install reVita first
! - Computed orientation is wrong when the controller is turned upside down.
! - Currently, gyroscope data is not exploited during orientation compute.

reVita 1.0.8 :
Author : Mer1e
NFO : plugin for PS Vita / PS TV, which allows you to remap inputs and trigger different actions.

viimote-1.2 :
Author : xerpi
NFO : Use a Wiimote as PSVITA controller. Supported extensions - Nunchuk, Classic Controller, Taiko TaTaCon Drum Controller.

Carefully when trying this plugins, some will create trash on your memory !

Reactions: TheDudeWatches

TheDudeWatches

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you @peter8 for your reply and bringing reVita plug-in to my attention. It’s such a handy tool!

However I didn’t have any success so far. The reVita plug-in is working and I can remap buttons, but unfortunately the function I was hoping for (map analog stick to gyro movement) doesn’t seem to be implemented. It only seems to work the other way round (gyro to stick).

Maybe the reason is that DSMotion as well as DS34MotionVita do NOT use gyro data and that is what Pinball Arcade is relying on for determining orientation of the device and going into Tate mode accordingly? I don’t know, but maybe that’s the reason.

It’s such a pain and such a missed opportunity by the game developer to not make this an option.

Pinball Arcade looks so pretty in Tate mode on the Vita and it would be so stunning on the TV.

Maybe some developer of reVita can implement analog stick to gyro?

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting ideas.
I love both my Vita 1000 and PSTV, and I'm also a big fan of pinball games... however I find the input lag on PSTV (using a PS3 6-axis controller) makes them borderline unplayable (specifically Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball), whereas on the handheld they're perfection.

TheDudeWatches

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I experience some lag with my DS4 via Bluetooth on the PSTV, however it’s still fun having such a comprehensive collection of pinball tables at one’s disposal. I sometimes just use the game as an Encyclopedia.

I’m aware that there are other platforms to experience the game in Tate mode on a TV, but I’ve fallen in love again with my Vita and PSTV. And the graphics really shine in tate mode on the Vita.

Hoping there might be a solution still and people rediscover this game

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I experience some lag with my DS4 via Bluetooth on the PSTV, however it’s still fun having such a comprehensive collection of pinball tables at one’s disposal. I sometimes just use the game as an Encyclopedia.

I’m aware that there are other platforms to experience the game in Tate mode on a TV, but I’ve fallen in love again with my Vita and PSTV. And the graphics really shine in tate mode on the Vita.

Hoping there might be a solution still and people rediscover this game
Completely agree. Especially as the PS4 version of Pinball Arcade has removed most of the best tables (looking at you Machine Bride of Pinbot!) due to losing the licensing rights.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @light27, i wanted a Wii u as a kid when i watched a Mario kart 8 commercial on tv