D-Trogh

Trophies
Website
promh.freehostia.com
XP
Country
Belgium
Irixion said:
This is beyond fake FAT32? It only supports 4GB files. A blu-ray is larger than that, so no. This is fake. "Supports all games". Bull.

Edit: Not to mention it speaks of no exploit, doesn't say what firmware it works on, or how it even works, other than the 'backup manager'
It copies the CONTENT of the disk. It doesn't copy it as an ISO (as a whole). Thus, it works as long as the game itself doesn't contain files > 4GB

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
This is fake. And if not, its sharing is absolutly illegal since the software of this thing is developed with Sonys SDK.
Jesus, what isn't illegal in the hacking world? Who gives one? And I'm glad that you're so sure it's fake.

ca_michelbach

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll wait to see what happens after the first update to block it before I get one...better to be safe than sorry
unsure.gif

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ca_michelbach said:
I'll wait to see what happens after the first update to block it before I get one...better to be safe than sorry :unsure:

Same...
But duuuuude. It's still awesome. There's still damn hope!

:DDDD

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Livin in a box said:
WiiBricker said:
This is fake. And if not, its sharing is absolutly illegal since the software of this thing is developed with Sonys SDK.
Jesus, what isn't illegal in the hacking world? Who gives one? And I'm glad that you're so sure it's fake.
When did I exactly say that Im "so" sure that this thing is fake?

But you probably lack of general law. Hacking a Wii and Modchips for the Wii are not illegal. Why? Because they werent developed with Nintendos official SDK. Homebrew-Apps arent illegal. Why? Because they were developed with the Open Source library libOGC.

The software of the USB Dongle is developed with the leaked PS3 SDK, so its sharing is absolutey illegal and I assure you, Sony will hunt all shops down, that distribute that dongle.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiBricker said:
Livin in a box said:
WiiBricker said:

But you probably lack of general law. Hacking a Wii and Modchips for the Wii are not illegal. Why? Because they werent developed with Nintendos official SDK. Homebrew-Apps arent illegal. Why? Because they were developed with the Open Source library libOGC.

The software of the USB Dongle is developed with the leaked PS3 SDK, so its sharing is absolutey illegal and I assure you, Sony will hunt all shops down, that distribute that dongle.

Why bring sadness to the PS3 community?
glare.gif

Livin in a box

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
Livin in a box said:
WiiBricker said:

You clearly wrote 'This is fake'. I'm happy for you.

And I never said it wasn't illegal, but so what? Just because it's illegal doesn't mean people aren't going to buy it, and you're not gonna stop people by going around saying it's illegal because on these forums, people don't care.

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
And I never said it wasn't illegal, but so what? Just because it's illegal doesn't mean people aren't going to buy it, and you're not gonna stop people by going around saying it's illegal because on these forums, people don't care.

That is true. I am currently with three hookers while smoking a Cuban and twirling two black market M9's.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Livin in a box said:
WiiBricker said:
Livin in a box said:
WiiBricker said:

Exactly, I clearly wrote "This is fake", not "I'm so sure this is fake". Noticed the difference?

I think you dont get it at all. It's not my intention to prevent people from buying that thing, I dont care. I just want you explain to those "yay, finaly USB loading on PS3" guys , that they could be in legal trouble if they buy that thing because unlike flash carts, it contains copyrighted code from Sony.

Livin in a box

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
Livin in a box said:
WiiBricker said:
Livin in a box said:
WiiBricker said:

Exactly, I clearly wrote "This is fake", not "I'm so sure this is fake". Noticed the difference?

I think you dont get it at all. It's not my intention to prevent people from buying that thing, I dont care. I just want you explain to those "yay, finaly USB loading on PS3" guys , that they could be in legal trouble if they buy that thing because unlike flash carts, it contains copyrighted code from Sony.
Sony really can't get all the people who buy it and fine them. Nintendo have never done it. Microsoft have never done it. All MS do is ban consoles, why wouldn't Sony do the same? :\

Livin in a box

Trophies
XP
Country
They haven't but it's just not logical to find every single last person who's bought one and if they do they can't fine any more than what the product was bought for.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Yoshimashin said:
I don't think either of those companies had the issue of official SDK files being illegally sold.

But still, there are two issues with this...1. how are they going to track down all the USERS of copyrighted software? 2....Will they even give a shit about the consumer if they can take down the source? seriously.

And who is to say that the software side of the retail units won't be provided seperately from a download? You don't so everybody can just stfu about the legality of this until we have some goddamn units shipped.

EVERYBODY CHILL THE FUCK OUT!

*hulkrage*

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Livin in a box said:
Sony really can't get all the people who buy it and fine them. Nintendo have never done it. Microsoft have never done it. All MS do is ban consoles, why wouldn't Sony do the same? :\

Well, theoretically, buying that device is the same as downloading illegal IOS files. But Sony, Nintendo or any other companies cant trace you by downloading their files. But shops, where do you purchase that device have your contact informations for shipping. Now imagin Sony would ask a shop to provide them a list that contains all customers that purchased that device.
ph34r.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1