Promotional poster and plot details showcased for the upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog movie

L3TSqS0.png

Whether you want it to exist or not, The Fast and the Furious producer's Sonic the Hedgehog film is currently in production. A few new details were divulged through an exclusive story from IGN, including a promotional poster, which can be seen above, though it intentionally obscures Sonic's face. Sonic, voiced by Ben Schwartz (most known for his roles in DuckTales and Parks and Recreation) will have an attitude resembling a "juvenile delinquent", as he winds up on Earth, and has to deal with the way his new home works, while partnering up with a police officer (James Marsden) in order to take on Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik. The movie's production team has explained that, as seen in the poster, they wish to give Sonic a more "realistic" look, giving him fur and less cartoon-y shoes.

During an interview, Tim Miller (Deadpool director) stated that he believes SEGA isn't pleased with the way Sonic's eyes will look, as there was difficulty in adapting the character's face for the setting of the movie. The entire film team is said to be working directly with SEGA in order to make sure the project represents the best of what Sonic the Hedgehog has to offer, and to create something that all fans can enjoy. Sonic The Hedgehog will premiere in theaters late next year, on November 8, 2019.

:arrow: Source

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I sincerely hope this is one big marketing ploy bamboozle. Either that or they go all out in making this "so bad it's good".

I know what my next Halloween costume is going to be. This will frighten the crap out of everyone.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... a Super Mario movie, a Pokemon movie, and now this? Do these producers not remember the last time a video game movie was made? Oh well, if they bomb, then they will learn, but it will be too late...

Reactions: JavaScribe
D

Deleted User

OK, first off, who thought that making Sonic look like that was a good idea? That's some uncanny valley territory stuff right there. And we aren't even seeing his entire face yet. Those human-like legs and and arms are giving me flashbacks of 12-year old me getting nightmares after learning this was a thing.

Also, why is Jim Carrey Robotnik? That's a casting call from left field. I'm not saying that Carrey probably couldn't pull it off, but he definitely isn't the first person I think of when I think of the character.

During an interview, Tim Miller (Deadpool director) stated that he believes SEGA isn't pleased with the way Sonic's eyes will look, as there was difficulty in adapting the character's face for the setting of the movie.
even SEGA doesn't like the way he looks for crying out loud

just whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyrrrrrggvvvvvhhmhmgm

Reactions: JavaScribe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: