Hacking Project : Code infolib.dat, extinfo.dat for DSTT.

exoskelett

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wish you guys the very best, take your time, don't let others put pressure on you. I would help if I could, but I don't know anything about hex-editing or ram and rom stuff etc. Of course I could read myself into it, but when I'm ready to go on you're probably already finished at least with this update
biggrin.gif

If you need someone to test anything, I'll be your man. I have a lot of time at least for the next 2 weeks
wink.gif

Going to sleep now, it just got midnight here in Germany ^.^

JiN1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The other day I was messing around with the hex, just by adding the unpatched and patched rom entries to both infolib.dat and extinfo.dat and it booted into a white menu. The firmware must have been YSMenu. I just now realized, if I could get that to happen again I could just run the Infolib.dat generator.

Any ideas to recreate a white screen?

In fact, anyone have a TTDS with Pokemon Black and you get two white screens after loading? If so, please upload your extinfo.lib and infolib.dat as you may be of a mass amount of help. Also, any R4i users who can load the game can also help us.

EDIT : Also had another idea, about running the Infolib.dat Generator on DeSMuME, can anyone try this for me?

Red_Slash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
JiN1337 said:
The other day I was messing around with the hex, just by adding the unpatched and patched rom entries to both infolib.dat and extinfo.dat and it booted into a white menu. The firmware must have been YSMenu. I just now realized, if I could get that to happen again I could just run the Infolib.dat generator.

In fact, anyone have a TTDS with Pokemon Black and you get two white screens after loading? If so, please upload your extinfo.lib and infolib.dat as you may be of a mass amount of help. Also, any R4i users who can load the game can also help us.

I use YSmenu myself so I'll test that and report back if you like.

Edit: Or do you mean only people that have a real TTDS? because I use a R4III SDHC with Ysmenu firmware.

JiN1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red_Slash said:
JiN1337 said:

I use YSmenu myself so I'll test that and report back if you like.

That would be great! Please let me know if you can recreate the white screen freezes.

Red_Slash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Will do. For the record I'm using the 6.28 files.
I also found AP patched and clean versions of PKMN Black, so I'll report on both cases.

Okay here's what I got:

When loading through YSmenu both the patched and clean roms don't load - "errorcode= -4"
When trying to load through the R4III's latest firmware (did it just to be sure) I get two white screens.

JiN1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent! So by using the default R4III you can generate the needed file, here's how!

Code:
http://gbatemp.net/t236685-tutorial-infolib-dat-generator-for-r4-original-ysmenu-users

Red_Slash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay I'll work on that, but just to be sure, allow me to say the RIII is a clone of the original R4. Would that be a problem?

JiN1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may be a problem, not sure. I don't have an R4 to test this with.

In any case....

I found something Pong said a while ago that may help us.. it was said March 30th.

Code:
i believe if u add the game id (e.g. IPGE 023231312)only example

its makes games that have the error code -4 load

this seems to only be on DSI enhanced games that have this error

but if afterward results with white screens there's AP

By the way, he was talking about the infolib.dat file.

darkspirit456

Trophies
Website
dsmadness.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
*Sigh* I'm disappointed that pong removed the download page for the update...

but can anyone compare this infolib + v6.28 of pong and retro? Or ext+info+save that would be GREAT! This will be a great help if you do
biggrin.gif

As far as I know that One Piece: Gigant Battle (J) loaded pass through error4 problem that v6.28 didn't...

-link removed- screw all of you who took other ppl work to be your own!
And guy I would like to step up and help you guy with extinfo and other people know how to debug please help us with that I will make up some spare time and fix extinfo ;D right now for pokemon... idk where JiN1337 is at with extinfo fix for pokemon so i will not jump in and let him finish~ but i will get my code for back up...

But I won't fix much because im working on AR codes and extinfo =/

Red_Slash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I read somewhere that the R4III is actually based on the DSTT, so I hope I can be of some help to you guys.
By the way the link to the infolib generator is down.
Would I be able to get that on filetrip or something?

loloknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JiN1337 said:
It may be a problem, not sure. I don't have an R4 to test this with.

In any case....

I found something Pong said a while ago that may help us.. it was said March 30th.

Code:
i believe if u add the game id (e.g. IPGE 023231312)only example

its makes games that have the error code -4 load

this seems to only be on DSI enhanced games that have this error

but if afterward results with white screens there's AP

By the way, he was talking about the infolib.dat file.

Im not a troll.. im not beggin/asking/blah You take your time into your work im not rushing you BUT when you are done with the pokemon things (wich im also waiting for and kudos to you and the other ppl working in this) if the only thing to be made to fix the error =-4 is changing that bit of code (im guessing i have no idea what you are talking about or i'd do it myself) could you add that code thingie to the spiderman shattered dimensions id game, IM ASKING if its not hard to do, when you get the time and your done with the pokemon ap that is the matter at hand as far as i can see, just ....letting? you know that spiderman sd is w8ing for a fix too.. and if its not to bothersome id be really thankfull. Thanks again for your hard work and if you get angry by this post im sorry that wasnt my intention.

Elr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Lol, I've added IRBJ - 5F0EA646 to my infolib and now I'm getting errcode=-5 when launchin the pokm-b. [I suggest, there must be some hex values instead of 00 00 right? - and our work is to find this values?]

(yeah I'm very noob here)

Red_Slash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What card do you use, loloknight? because I use R4III with Ysmenu fully up to date and had no problems with SMSD.
Did you try using YSmenu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.