Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney announced

tenentenen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The script-writing abilities of both the ace attorney team and Level-5 are incredible. Though there is a good chance it could be bad, I betting on a wonderfully deigned story, with magnificently thorough applications on game-play.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, I'm hyped. Can't wait. Must play.
yay.gif

Off topic here (maybe); does the title sound like a fighting game to you? Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney. Who will prevail? Two men enter, one man leaves! Power of deduction VS power of attorney!

Round One, FIGHT!

mellow.gif

FINISH HIM!

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is cool but weird.
Look at layton his face is like a thumb with two dots for eyes and phoenix has a full anime style face. Not sure how the two universes will look xD
iirc all the other characters in layton look like actual anime style so it's k.

MeritsAlone

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
+jump;+duck said:
i want 10 turnabout chapters catering 50 puzzles each
ph34r.gif

dont forget the extra 8501!
THATS OVER 9000!!!
i had to do that

OT: 50 )(/(%&&¤#/¤#"Q%&/¤# PER TURNABOUT! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?
thats waaaaay to much, laytons puzzles is hard as it is! leave me alone with the puzzles already!
(If yesterday after tomorrow is sunday, what day is tomorrow before yesterday? If yesterday after tomorrow is sunday, what day is tomorrow before yesterday? If yesterday after tomorrow is sunday, what day is tomorrow before yesterday? (puzzlethermia, a not-at-all rare case where someone have played too much puzzle games))

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just realized I DO WANT a 3DS. Those two series are the two series I have played the most of all my DS games (if you don't count Pokemon). Both of the series have had AWESOME storylines so far, so this is a must have and an epic win for me
yay.gif
wub.gif

+jump;+duck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MeritsAlone said:
+jump;+duck said:
ph34r.gif

THATS OVER 9000!!!
i had to do that

thats waaaaay to much, laytons puzzles is hard as it is! leave me alone with the puzzles already!
(If yesterday after tomorrow is sunday, what day is tomorrow before yesterday? If yesterday after tomorrow is sunday, what day is tomorrow before yesterday? If yesterday after tomorrow is sunday, what day is tomorrow before yesterday? (puzzlethermia, a not-at-all rare case where someone have played too much puzzle games))

I'm a mystery/puzzle addict
tpi.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Awesome!! Finally some more Phoenix action
tongue.gif
It was a shame to see a well-loved character like Phoenix not starring in any games lately.

Fine, this did it. This definitely seals me getting a 3DS.

MeritsAlone

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
+jump;+duck said:
MeritsAlone said:
+jump;+duck said:
ph34r.gif

THATS OVER 9000!!!
i had to do that

I'm a mystery/puzzle addict
tpi.gif

solve the puzzle then, i dare you!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is even more surprising than if Phoenix and Layton were both playable characters in Brawl. I hope this game will be great, even though I probably won't get a chance to play it.

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Reposting my thoughts from Court records:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was spasming with caps on Twitter like a mad person, but now that I'm thinking about it more carefully, it's actually not much of a crossover if you take like 2 characters from each series and dump them into some magical world with random characters that have zero relation to any of the characters from both games, and a storyline that sounds like they just pulled it out of their ass.

I'm rather excited, but skeptical as well. Feels like this was just made for the sake of pleasing fans of both series... like a move that wasn't so well thought through?

I really do sincerely hope I'm proven wrong, though. That the storyline is actually not generic and actually good, and there will be other more recurring characters appearing that everyone knows and loves from both of the series, like Flora Reinhold, Dick Gumshoe, Inspector Chelmey, and Pearl Fey, just to name a few.

The artwork and animation quality already seems to be top-notch, I just hope that the storyline is as good as that too. It doesn't seem so spectacular from the summary posted a while back.

(But dayum, Layton sure is short, though. lol)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast