Prodinfo questions

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a back up of my prodinfo and I recently read that you must blank prodinfo in order to use exosphere. I do have a few questions before doing so though. I am currently using MITM DNS and 90DNS as a safeguard. My understanding is that I should be using exosphere, however I cannot find a guide on how to use it and I do not want it to modify anything on my sysnand. My end goal is to play Nintendo games I own online using the system nand. I am currently on 4.x firmware, but I finally got RCMloader working to my liking as I am now ready to finally abandon pegascape. What other steps do I need to take before playing online?

Edit:Just found the guide on exosphere https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM#exosphere
I am somewhat afraid to blank my prodinfo though since I would be worried that it could accidentally blank my sysnand product info.Thoughts?

Reactions: binkinator

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Functionality wise, using exosphere is the same as blanking your prodinfo. Exosphere does this in a non-obtrusive way.
Same with the dns.mitm and 90DNS. If you're using dns.mitm, theres no reason to use 90DNS. They do the same thing.

In both cases, using the built in atmosphere functionality (exosphere, and dns.mitm) are the more preferred options to use.

• Love

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere's version of prod blanking isn't permanent, so it doesn't modify anything on the system itself. Just makes the switch and nintendo servers think that it's blanked when it isn't.
Also it only applies when your using cfw (wether it be sysnand or emunand)

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere's version of prod blanking isn't permanent, so it doesn't modify anything on the system itself. Just makes the switch and nintendo servers think that it's blanked when it isn't.
Also it only applies when your using cfw (wether it be sysnand or emunand)
How can I check that exosphere is doing what it is supposed to do?

How would I go about updating my switch SysFW to the latest patch? Do I need to uninstall pegascape? Or will updating my switch automatically update my news section?

Jaxon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I check that exosphere is doing what it is supposed to do?

How would I go about updating my switch SysFW to the latest patch? Do I need to uninstall pegascape? Or will updating my switch automatically update my news section?
Apologies for replying to an old post, but for the sake of anyone who may come across this post in the future and would like an answer, I'd say grab the 90DNS Tester app (.nro extension from Github), and just dump that into your switch folder and run from your HB Menu. It will tell you if every Nintendo server is blocked or not. May as well also grab the 90DNS Setter app also. May be redundant with Exosphere and all that but redundancies are good imo, especially when it comes to preventing bans.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok