HATS pack exosphere

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the HATs pack for my brand new modded OLED. Everything seems to be working as normal but I am scared to connect Emummc to my network in case the nintendo IPS aren't blocked. My understanding is that exosphere is included but I wanted to make absolutely sure before connecting to wifi. I am using the latest version of HATs found on GitHub. My serial number is blanked out in emunand if that helps.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blanked out serial number meaning you wouldn't be able to access nintendo online service.
I have blanked out serial number but 90DNS said the servers were unblocked when I tested them instead of blocked. Does that mean I am instabanned? I used the HAT pack and I thought atmosphere had exosphere on by default.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have blanked out serial number but 90DNS said the servers were unblocked when I tested them instead of blocked. Does that mean I am instabanned? I used the HAT pack and I thought atmosphere had exosphere on by default.

No, it just mean you can't access eshop, online service it is blanked out like XAW0000000000000

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it just mean you can't access eshop, online service it is blanked out like XAW0000000000000
Nintendo servers were not blocked by HATs. On my unpatched switch atmosphere automatically blocks nintendo servers. That means I connected to nintendo servers with emummc. How screwed am I?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo servers were not blocked by HATs. On my unpatched switch atmosphere automatically blocks nintendo servers. That means I connected to nintendo servers with emummc. How screwed am I?

You have to look at the exosphere config, blank_prodinfo_emummc=1 mean it is blanked out.

[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
disable_user_exception_handlers=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=1
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
log_port=0
log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to look at the exosphere config, blank_prodinfo_emummc=1 mean it is blanked out.

[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
disable_user_exception_handlers=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=1
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
log_port=0
log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0
I know prod info is blanked out......

What I am saying is that when I ran 90DNS tester, none of the nintendo IPs showed as blocked. That means when I pinged them, I was able to get a response.

Does this mean I am going to get banned?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What I am saying is that when I ran 90DNS tester, none of the nintendo IPs showed as blocked. That means when I pinged them, I was able to get a response.

You probably didn't set the dns servers for 90dns. Since your serial number are blanked you can treat it like you are banned even though you are not as you can't access online service.

TamarindoJuice

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

What identifies your switch as an unit, is it serial... If there's no serial to identify it (incognito mode) they can't ban your Switch at all. It's like hunt someone who you don't know anything about, not even the name.

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're overthinking. Nintendo uses the prodinfo identifier to ban consoles. Yours is blank. When and if your Switch talks to Nintendo it will send an invalid identifier. Obviously none of Nintendo's online services will accept this identifier and will result in "banned" type messages. Your real identifier SHOULD still work from OWF. There is a low chance that Nintendo can get the identifier from another method but I don't believe anyone has a concrete answer on that. This is where the suggestion to both block the Nintendo servers and blank the prodinfo comes from. Finally, I don't believe you even need to use 90dns. Take advantage of the DNS blocking within AMS. Then you don't even need to set DNS servers.

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/docs/features/dns_mitm.md
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/blocking_nintendo/

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

It doesn't matter, as long as your serial number shows as blanked, you can't get banned even by connecting to Nintendo servers (servers will just refuse the connection)

Blavla

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Your airplane mode was on

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're overthinking. Nintendo uses the prodinfo identifier to ban consoles. Yours is blank. When and if your Switch talks to Nintendo it will send an invalid identifier. Obviously none of Nintendo's online services will accept this identifier and will result in "banned" type messages. Your real identifier SHOULD still work from OWF. There is a low chance that Nintendo can get the identifier from another method but I don't believe anyone has a concrete answer on that. This is where the suggestion to both block the Nintendo servers and blank the prodinfo comes from. Finally, I don't believe you even need to use 90dns. Take advantage of the DNS blocking within AMS. Then you don't even need to set DNS servers.

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/docs/features/dns_mitm.md
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/blocking_nintendo/
I just set up MITM. How did free shops block consoles permanently if prod info blocks all your info? If tinfoil shops can do it, I am sure nintendo can block them as well right?

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prodinfo has nothing to do with tinfoil shops.
Tinfoil shops can identify individual nintendo switches and link them to a discord account permanently. In fact some people that bought used switches were unable to use shops because they were already linked to a discord account. That means that the owners of the tinfoil shops are able to identify your console somehow. Couldn't nintendo also use the same method to identify your switch?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Tinfoil shops can identify individual nintendo switches and link them to a discord account permanently. In fact some people that bought used switches were unable to use shops because they were already linked to a discord account. That means that the owners of the tinfoil shops are able to identify your console somehow. Couldn't nintendo also use the same method to identify your switch?
Sure, if they required you to login with an account. Also Atmosphere blocks a lot of telemetry data that Nintendo use.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But that has nothing to do with how a tinfoil shop authenticate you, you can gain access to a shop even though you blank out your prodinfo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol