Hacking Problems with Gateway

DannyGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello people! I'm new to this site and kinda new to the whole Gateway thing and I'm having problems with my 3DS, so I was hoping I could get some help from the community here. Also, I hope I'm writing this in the correct place. Anyway, let me give the story to my problems:

I bought a Gateway card about 3 months ago and followed the steps to installing it on my 3DS to play 3DS games. I followed the steps to the letter and everything worked fine. I'd been playing 3DS games on my 3DS since then without any major problems. The few problems I've encountered while playing 3DS games is that sometimes the game would freeze after about 15 minutes of gameplay and I'd have to restart my 3DS losing the progress I'd done during that time. Another problem I have is that many times the games freeze as soon as they are loading (before getting to the Menu Screen) forcing me to restart the 3DS yet again. I didn't think this was a big deal or much of a problem at all, I thought it was a small downside compared to being able to play 3DS games, but now I'm starting to wonder whether this is a normal problem or not. Does this happen to other people as well? Or is it that there's something wrong with my 3DS and/or my Gateway Card? Anyway, this is just one problem and can still live with it if it can't be fixed.

This other problem is the one that bothers me, however. I had read that the Blue Gateway Card could play NDS games as well, and after much searching (I found out that there's really not much of an explanation or guide for playing DS games on the Blue Gateway out there) I found that the files to do so came with the Omega firmware itself. So I copied the files to an SD card along with the DS games, put it inside the Blue Gateway card and tried it on the 3DS. It seemed to have worked. It all loaded correctly displaying my games and I was able to play them, but for some reason I was and still am having problems with my game saves. I would play the games with no problems, but when I had to save, the game would just get stuck saving and I couldn't do anything besides turn it off or going back to the Home Screen. After returning to the Home Screen, I would try to play the game again only to find that it (1)froze at the load save screen again, (2)had deleted my save and had to start over again, or (3)wouldn't load and would freeze with both screens being white. This is pretty much the problem I would like to get help with and I wanna know if anyone else is having this kind of problems and if there is a way to fix it or not.

Thanks in advance for any help! Oh, and if something isn't clear just ask and I'll try to explain it better. Thanks again!

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi DannyGamer, first off your in the wrong section, you have posted in the DS section when you want to post in the 3DS section otherwise your posts will not get picked up. have you tried other memory cards (SD & Micro) as that could be the problem for the freezing, as your getting freezing on both cards i would start with trying different cards first off and see how it goes. good luck...................................sudeki300

DannyGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Sudeki, thanks for the reply. I actually haven't tried using another Micro SD card yet so I'll check if that fixes the problem. About being in the wrong section, exactly how do I come about posting in the 3DS section? Do I just post the same thing over there or is there some way to move it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.