Hacking Problem with MGS Portable Ops on PSP2PS3

xatzimi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place to ask this, so if it isn't, forgive me.
I used PSP2PS3 to turn MGS Portable Ops into a PKG. All this worked fine, the game opens, no problems. However, to actually start playing, the game requires me to make a name. No matter what I enter (the system 10 key keyboard pops up), Portable Ops doesn't recognise I've entered anything and cancels.
Is there a solution to this problem? Maybe I need to change settings during the conversion or something? If not, can I put in a save file from somewhere to get around this?

D

Deleted User

Doesn't work period, PSP games have less than 50% compatiblity on PS3.

aRxeczV.png

https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PSP_Emulator_Compatibility_List

Trust me I'm a HUGE MGS fan beaten all the games and I was upset but eventually got a Switch and it works fine on there using PPSSPP. Sad it needs a Nintendo system when it's a Sony game but *shrug*.

Of course it also works on PC, or an actual PSP or Vita but forgot it for PS3. I know people that are improving the compatibility of PS2 on PS3 still to this day, but I don't think anyone was ever capable of improving PSP compatibility on PS3 except Sony so it's never going to work.

Last edited by ,

xatzimi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help, I didn't think to check a compatibility list. I guess I'll play it on Vita then, but it just felt right to play it on PS3 since that's how I played the rest of the Legacy Collection. Oh well.

iRatio

Trophies
XP
Country
Zambia
I know I'm super late but if you input numbers instead of letters you can start a new game the frame rate is bad but overall it's playable I wouldn't recommend it though I would say just buy a PS Vita

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4U-CrK4Hug