Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded - R4 problem

FriendlyPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'll try your kermel :0
BUT
Should I delete my actual kermel? or just use both?

Because I used R4 default kermel (one with timebomb) + Ysmenu before, and worked good (Ysmenu started)

Right now I'm using YSmenu without the default kermel, and it still works

So... this time, should I download your kermel, put it on SD and replace is possible? (using both)
Or just fully delete my actual kermel and use yours?
Post automatically merged:

Also sorry if I can explain myself very well-
I'm not a native english speaker :c
You need YSMenu to launch my kernel. I've posted kernel as secondary firmware variation meaning you need primary kernel to launch it.
I could do primary firmware variation later if needed.

Last edited by FriendlyPolygon,

RombiteSkunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
t.me
XP
Country
Peru
Just in case, at least make a backup of what is already on the cart (your timebomb + Ysmenu).
Suddenly come in handy, cases are different.
And then do anything what you want
Yea, I got a backup on pc :0 only Ysmenu because for some reason I can use it even when not having the timebomb kermel

You need YSMenu to launch my kernel. I've posted kernel as secondary firmware variation meaning you need primary kernel to launch it.
I could do primary firmware variation later if needed.
Oh well...
Since I DO have Ysmenu as primary, I just have to use your as secondary and (if neccesary) replace files with yours, right?

FriendlyPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Yea, I got a backup on pc :0 only Ysmenu because for some reason I can use it even when not having the timebomb kermel

Oh well...
Since I DO have Ysmenu as primary, I just have to use your as secondary and (if neccesary) replace files with yours, right?
Yeah
It shouldn't replace any files BTW

FriendlyPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Okie okie :0
I'll try it and will write what happens here

Be right back c:
Haven't tried yet?

Also, thanks to your screenshot, now I have all the details (error screens) to spot an DSTT R4 clone, even if it doesn't look like one (there are many nonames like that). I've updated my archive description.

RombiteSkunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
t.me
XP
Country
Peru
Haven't tried yet?

Also, thanks to your screenshot, now I have all the details (error screens) to spot an DSTT R4 clone, even if it doesn't look like one (there are many nonames like that). I've updated my archive description.
Something weird happened :0
When I putted your kermel on my YSmenu SD... YSmenu started, and then I selected your kermel (I should select it after YSmeny launched)
Some text were corrupted... like using settings, most options just put "text" (literally the word "text") on it instead what it does, (Example: UI option or hide files option were replaced by "text", I could add some screenshots if you want or even a vid)
Despite the "text" thing, it's pretty usuable
But when selecting any game, they don't start, doesn't matter the game, it will not launch, some of them just white screen, and others an error screen (couldn't access to files)

When I putted your kermel on my YSmenu SD... YSmenu started, and then I selected your kermel (I should select it after YSmeny launched)
Some text were corrupted... like using settings, most options just put "text" (literally the word "text") on it instead what it does, (Example: UI option or hide files option were replaced by "text", I could add some screenshots if you want or even a vid)
But when selecting any game, they don't start, doesn't matter the game, it will not launch, some of them just white screen, and others an error screen (couldn't access to files)
1685056116128.png

I did exactly what you did :0
Here my YSmenu SD ( "Juegos" have the game files inside)
------------------------

1685056203222.png

And this is with your kermel on it

1685056116128.png

------------------------

1685056203222.png

right now sending a vid...

Haven't tried yet?

There :0

Attachments

• video_2023-05-25_18-25-37.mp4
    15 MB
Last edited by RombiteSkunk,
SOLUTION

FriendlyPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

View attachment 373877
------------------------

View attachment 373878

So I did a little research. I've tried this game myself, tried different cracks and patches... Seems it really isn't compatible with this R4 Wood port. Sorry :(

I tried to search for different versions of Wood, there was WAIO, a couple of another ports for another flashcards. But none of them works of course.

I tried to boot the game in TWiLightMenu++ (nds-bootstrap), it boots, but crashes every time i press START during the battle. Seemed like Antipiracy-Protaction but everywhere I've looked it said it was patched already. I also tried to patch it manually and by AR-cheats. It still crashes. Oh, and also it freezes at boot randomly so wouldn't bother with that..

To sum it up: on these TTDS clone cards we basically have 4-5 different kernels

1. Original timebombed R4SDHC fimware-kernel (might work here but is it worth it?)
2. TTMenu (original DSTT firmware, it was made unlaunchable on r4 clones but you can load it if you soft-reset out of game booted with YSMenu while having TTMenu.dat from original TTMenu and all its necessary files. Won't work here for sure as it's even older than R4 Wood port)
3. YSMenu (heavy modified TTMenu actually, but it have its own driver and loader. Kingdom Hearts was selectively fixed there, but, as you figured out it's not ideal fix and it still crashes occasionally)
4. nds-bootstrap (completely recreated kernel for TWiLightMenu++ firmware, still developing but can't play Kingdom Hearts at this moment)
5. R4 Wood (Wood4TT , Wood 1.25 port, game doesn't launch here with savefile error message)

All I ideas i have left is: try to return back to YSMenu, but this time disable cheats, DMA, reset checkboxes under selected Kingdom Hearts game and see if freezes still occur.

Oh and for the text errors from video, thats because language wasn't set (strange...). To fix it change second text value that says Deutsch to English, then save changes by pressing A until it reloads.

View attachment 373877
------------------------

View attachment 373878

UPDATE: so i did something wrong when patched game with AP patch! 0_0

I patched it in different place and now it no longer crashes by pressing START!

Patch the USA game with this patch https://gbatemp.net/download/kingdom-hearts-re-coded-usa-ap-fix.23765/

(don't use included patcher, insert xdelta patch here instead https://www.romhacking.net/patch/ )
Then play the game in TWiLightMenu++ (nds-bootstrap)

• Love
Reactions: RombiteSkunk

RombiteSkunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
t.me
XP
Country
Peru
So I did a little research. I've tried this game myself, tried different cracks and patches... Seems it really isn't compatible with this R4 Wood port. Sorry :(

I tried to search for different versions of Wood, there was WAIO, a couple of another ports for another flashcards. But none of them works of course.

I tried to boot the game in TWiLightMenu++ (nds-bootstrap), it boots, but crashes every time i press START during the battle. Seemed like Antipiracy-Protaction but everywhere I've looked it said it was patched already. I also tried to patch it manually and by AR-cheats. It still crashes. Oh, and also it freezes at boot randomly so wouldn't bother with that..

To sum it up: on these TTDS clone cards we basically have 4-5 different kernels

1. Original timebombed R4SDHC fimware-kernel (might work here but is it worth it?)
2. TTMenu (original DSTT firmware, it was made unlaunchable on r4 clones but you can load it if you soft-reset out of game booted with YSMenu while having TTMenu.dat from original TTMenu and all its necessary files. Won't work here for sure as it's even older than R4 Wood port)
3. YSMenu (heavy modified TTMenu actually, but it have its own driver and loader. Kingdom Hearts was selectively fixed there, but, as you figured out it's not ideal fix and it still crashes occasionally)
4. nds-bootstrap (completely recreated kernel for TWiLightMenu++ firmware, still developing but can't play Kingdom Hearts at this moment)
5. R4 Wood (Wood4TT , Wood 1.25 port, game doesn't launch here with savefile error message)

All I ideas i have left is: try to return back to YSMenu, but this time disable cheats, DMA, reset checkboxes under selected Kingdom Hearts game and see if freezes still occur.

Oh and for the text errors from video, thats because language wasn't set (strange...). To fix it change second text value that says Deutsch to English, then save changes by pressing A until it reloads.

UPDATE: so i did something wrong when patched game with AP patch! 0_0

I patched it in different place and now it no longer crashes by pressing START!

Patch the USA game with this patch https://gbatemp.net/download/kingdom-hearts-re-coded-usa-ap-fix.23765/

(don't use included patcher, insert xdelta patch here instead https://www.romhacking.net/patch/ )
Then play the game in TWiLightMenu++ (nds-bootstrap)
Okie c:
I'll try

Okie c:
I'll try
IT WORKED IT WORKED!
I'm able to play Kingdom Hearts Re Coded now :D!!
Thanks you so much!

But... I suppose I only can play by using TwilightMenu++ right?
If so, maybe i can use it as my primary and only kermel instead using Ysmenu :0
Is that possible?

I'm so scared to delete any file or even boot any game while using YSMenu- so...
what should I do? :0

Again, thanks you so much for your help!!!

Okie c:
I'll try

IT WORKED IT WORKED!
Thanks you so much!

Is that possible?

I'm so scared to delete any file or even boot any game while using YSMenu- so...

A
I'm back
The only "problem" is when saving game, the sound may go glitch
Like 2 seconds of "noise" sound
but it doesn't matter c: fully playable yet!

FriendlyPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Okie c:
I'll try

IT WORKED IT WORKED!
Thanks you so much!

Is that possible?

A
I'm back
The only "problem" is when saving game, the sound may go glitch
Like 2 seconds of "noise" sound
but it doesn't matter c: fully playable yet!
I've updated R4 Wood firmware to make it primary, and, strangely it fixed the game too!
Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded now boots, works and saves fine. You don't even need to patch it!

Try my new version (it will now replace your YSMenu at the startup, i can tell you how to revert it if you want):
https://gbatemp.net/download/r4-wood-for-dstt-r4-clones-r4gold-sdhc-and-others.38053/

You won't lose game progress as far as i know.

Reactions: r1vver

RombiteSkunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
t.me
XP
Country
Peru
I've updated R4 Wood firmware to make it primary, and, strangely it fixed the game too!
Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded now boots, works and saves fine. You don't even need to patch it!

Try my new version (it will now replace your YSMenu at the startup, i can tell you how to revert it if you want):
https://gbatemp.net/download/r4-wood-for-dstt-r4-clones-r4gold-sdhc-and-others.38053/

I'll try it now

OK so...
Your kermel boots perfectly :0
No problems detected on UI, the "text" error wasn't there anymore, was fully usable
Sadly, it can't run games-
I tried Fire Emblem games, Kingdom Hearts games, Pokemon and Mario games, and none of them boots-
Just white screen

I'll try it now

OK so...
No problems detected on UI, the "text" error wasn't there anymore, was fully usable
I tried Fire Emblem games, Kingdom Hearts games, Pokemon and Mario games, and none of them boots-
Just white screen
There, is fully usable, just games does not launch

Attachments

• video_2023-05-27_22-34-19.mp4
    3.1 MB

FriendlyPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'll try it now

OK so...
Just white screen

There, is fully usable, just games does not launch
0_0 Now this is strange. It was working for you in the first video (kingdom hearts booted, it just gave ingame error screen).

Game patching surely works fine else games would just hang on "Loading" screen, but the game itself doesn't load 0_0

I'll think what is the problem...

RombiteSkunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
t.me
XP
Country
Peru
0_0 Now this is strange. It was working for you in the first video (kingdom hearts booted, it just gave ingame error screen).

Game patching surely works fine else games would just hang on "Loading" screen, but the game itself doesn't load 0_0

I'll think what is the problem...
It's kinda weird yes-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM