Hacking Problem with A9LH after following Plailect's guide

kenryuakuma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...I followed the A9lh guide written by Plailect. However, when I got to section 3 step 6 and tried to update the firmware after installing A9lh and luma3ds CFW, I was unable to update it (the update only went halfway through and then the error occurred. Then according to the Plailect's guide, we should restore the original nand, which I did, which was 8.1.0 something. But since hourglass9 only gives you two options, I chose the restore nand (kept A9lh). However, after reboot, there were a few new tiles in BLACK, one of which was something called banner. Besides, I accidentally updated the emunand to firmware 11.0.

Now the question is after I restore my original nand, is my 3ds still on CFW with luma3ds and A9lh?
In addition, the Decrypt9 seems no longer work as well as the gateway or other browser exploits or hacks. Is there a way to completely restore my 3ds to original or factory setting with the original firmware? Or is there a way to use Decrypt9 or make is accessible again? I would like to get it fixed as soon as possible.

mysamdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try turning the system off, holding select, and pressing the power button. If you go to a config screen, you have a9lh. Otherwise, something went wrong.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
And try to load Decrypt9 from the bin file. Put its bin payload file in "SD:/luma/payloads" and rename it to something like "y_Decrypt9.bin" so it loads on system startup if you hold Y button.

For "restoring" to a clean NAND, you can simply System Format your console.

Reactions: kenryuakuma

shadowfocus603

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ken don't sweat those tiles that were black. I had them too. I just literally finished my 2DS 10 minutes ago. Once you restore nandmin.bin do the update from system settings and it will go straight through and the black tiles will be gone.

Reactions: kenryuakuma

kenryuakuma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And try to load Decrypt9 from the bin file. Put its bin payload file in "SD:/luma/payloads" and rename it to something like "y_Decrypt9.bin" so it loads on system startup if you hold Y button.

For "restoring" to a clean NAND, you can simply System Format your console.

Well u mean in my situation, I do not have to use decrypt9 to restore the original nand one more time, I just format my system and then luma3ds & a9lh will all be wiped out so I will have a clean nand?

Ken don't sweat those tiles that were black. I had them too. I just literally finished my 2DS 10 minutes ago. Once you restore nandmin.bin do the update from system settings and it will go straight through and the black tiles will be gone.

Well do u suggest that I go straight to update to the firmware 11.0?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well u mean in my situation, I do not have to use decrypt9 to restore the original nand one more time, I just format my system and then luma3ds & a9lh will all be wiped out so I will have a clean nand?

Well do u suggest that I go straight to update to the firmware 11.0?
A9LH does not disappear when you do a system format. It just erases the memory so it can be set up as a new console.

Reactions: OrGoN3

kenryuakuma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all you guys' help.

BTW. Everything is good now. I can launch into gateway emunand. I am now on luma3ds firmware + a9lh and on 11.0 firmware.
However, there is another problem that arises. When I tried to install Big Blue Menu into the emunand, it did install but when I tried to launch it, all I got was a black screen. I am just wondering if the CIA works on gateway emunand or because of the luma3ds + a9lh CFW which renders it useless or unusable? I need help with it please.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for all you guys' help.

BTW. Everything is good now. I can launch into gateway emunand. I am now on luma3ds firmware + a9lh and on 11.0 firmware.
However, there is another problem that arises. When I tried to install Big Blue Menu into the emunand, it did install but when I tried to launch it, all I got was a black screen. I am just wondering if the CIA works on gateway emunand or because of the luma3ds + a9lh CFW which renders it useless or unusable? I need help with it please.
You can't use emuNAND9 or Decrypt9 on a system over 9.2 unless it's through an a9lh payload. Access emuNAND9 the same way as Decrypt9. Get the bin file, name it y_emuNAND9.bin (for example - something that doesn't conflict with your other ones), put it in luma/payloads, and boot into it by holding Y (or whatever button you assigned it with the name) when turning on your console.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

kenryuakuma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use emuNAND9 or Decrypt9 on a system over 9.2 unless it's through an a9lh payload. Access emuNAND9 the same way as Decrypt9. Get the bin file, name it y_emuNAND9.bin (for example - something that doesn't conflict with your other ones), put it in luma/payloads, and boot into it by holding Y (or whatever button you assigned it with the name) when turning on your console.

Well...I use gateway emunand. I already have one gateway bin in the luma payloads folder. I mean I could directly access gateway emunand, which is where I installed the big blue menu cia. Unfortunately, the bbm won't work but just gives a black screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1