Feedback Misc Translation Princess Crown PSP Any Updates?

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Has anyone know if they're still translating this game? The thread from romhacking seems to be down.
the romhacking site right now its down for everyone.It says this error when you enter the website: "Cannot connect to Database! SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused"

So the only hope its wait to resolve the maintance site.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This is neat; I didn't know there was a new repository after the last one went dead.

Tangential though, what's up with this "absolutely NO censorship" remark on the page? Seriously, that always comes off as a weird virtue signal to the kind of weirdos who still project all their fears onto the localization boogeyman and it's real cringe. I'm not sure Princess Crown would even have anything that people would have to worry about being censored, lmao. Let alone from a fan translation.

PrincessLisette

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tangential though, what's up with this "absolutely NO censorship" remark on the page? Seriously, that always comes off as a weird virtue signal to the kind of weirdos who still project all their fears onto the localization boogeyman and it's real cringe. I'm not sure Princess Crown would even have anything that people would have to worry about being censored, lmao. Let alone from a fan translation.
it's drivel designed to pander to a toxic demographic. a lot of the anti-censorship crowd don't understand anything about how localisations work and just use it as a wedge issue to push right wing "anti-woke" politics.

for Princess Crown specifically, considering not even Dragon's Crown was censored (the most fanservicey Vanillaware title), it's a non-issue.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
it's drivel designed to pander to a toxic demographic. a lot of the anti-censorship crowd don't understand anything about how localisations work and just use it as a wedge issue to push right wing "anti-woke" politics.

for Princess Crown specifically, considering not even Dragon's Crown was censored (the most fanservicey Vanillaware title), it's a non-issue.
Agreed 100%. You see the exact same thing happening with Lollipop Chainsaw: RePOP now, with the producer constantly saying, "we'll do our best to fight against censorship!" to cater to the demographic that's rallied around that game. Meanwhile, they're casually just changing tons of the mechanics in weird ways because it's all about pandering to loud voices, rather than making a good remaster/remake/whatever.

Real shame, because the original is a fantastic game, an old-fashioned positioning-based action game years after that went out of style even when it came out in 2012, and it deserves good treatment. But now I'm getting off topic.

Reactions: PrincessLisette

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol