Hacking Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands - New anti-piracy?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
madri1 said:
the game detect the /dev/mload device

so any hermes cios or any recent waninkoko cios will just warn you with a beautiful black screen

how did you figure that out? Or is that just a random guess?

also try loading in dolphin...gives you a straight up "unknown device: /dev/mload" error lets you know it might work...might freeze. im looking into some stuff right now, don't know what ill find, but im curious. it seems after loading the developer screens it loads djinn_bin_wii.bf, which is a large file, ~625 MB. that seems to be where things get messy.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on second thought i think you are right...based on the info i got from dolphin, its associated with teh djinn_bin_wii.bf file it must be in there that it looks for dev\mload. if that can be patched out it should work fine. i think prominent put a bad release out too, i guess we will see what happens. i don't think ill solve this, but i definitely want to. anyone know how to put dolphin into debug mode so i can see what the file is doing when it gets loaded?

farcry15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so are the crashes ingame caused by it randomly checking for dev\mload when you open the chests and randomly during battles?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems like it, although its hard to say what happens when you open chests or battle, as dolphin will not get that far. it seems patchable but i don't really know much about patching. maybe needs a loader patch, cios patch or possibly a only a game patch.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
VashTS said:
possibly and it may be a problem with the release. its definitely a PAL copy disguised as NTSC as it has multiple languages on it.
American releases can be multi-language, too, as seen in Spirit Tracks. Spanish language is added for Brazil and French for Canada.

gypsygirl13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any fix on the freezing part?

Running it through CFG IOS249, game loaded fine and then got stuck when I tried to get near a chest I think.

Will I still have this problem if I tried to burn it on disc?
I have a modchip.

A

armand66

gypsygirl13 said:
Any fix on the freezing part?

Running it through CFG IOS249, game loaded fine and then got stuck when I tried to get near a chest I think.

Will I still have this problem if I tried to burn it on disc?
I have a modchip.

Works fine from disk, used a wiikey to play it from disk, finished the game, didn't freeze once.

4.2e playing the USA release.

gypsygirl13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@armand66
thanks

will just burn the game then.
happy.gif

brunchmiracle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw on some other threads that theres a patch in the works
Any word on when it'll be available?
I would burn, but broken disc drive

syndrom3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Szalkow said:
syndrom3 said:
Anyone knows which firmware version the disc contains?
Is there a PC utility to discover the firmware version from the ISO?
If by "firmware" you mean system menu, it has System Menu 4.1, Boot2v4 like most newer games.
Not sure which IOS the game itself uses, but it doesn't have an update for IOS 58.

Thanks!
yaywii.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I posted this in the game release topic, but this seems a more appropriate place.

I have a problem. I have a PAL Wii 4.1E with a WIIKEY, but when trying it with Gecko with 002 error fix, I get a 002 error (blue screen). With the newest Gecko 1.9.3 I only get a green screen.
What could the problem be? It should work on every modchipped Wii flawlessly shouldn't it?

(Off course also tried the game via USBloader GX but after the company logos it gives a black screen)

WhiteX

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
M[u said:
ddy]
VashTS said:
possibly and it may be a problem with the release. its definitely a PAL copy disguised as NTSC as it has multiple languages on it.
American releases can be multi-language, too, as seen in Spirit Tracks. Spanish language is added for Brazil and French for Canada.

Brazil speaks portuguese

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Lol, it pretty funny the new protection check, Cios authors are famous, No doubt SMG2 will have this
Code:
.globl MFCIOSWaninkokoCheck
.globl MFCIOSHermesCheck1

broksonic

Trophies
XP
Country
I am not by my wii at the moment but it loaded for me using config usb loader with default setting. I must admit that i only played up until i had to fight the first monster. And then saved it at first save point .I have a 4.2e pal wii with Darkcorp installed.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are loading from dvd using darkcorp there is no reason to have an mload in there. mload is used in usb loading. so in theory it should work fine from disc if you are not using cios 249, 222,223, 224 or 250. all the other customs from darkcorp should be ok as they are only used for disc loading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Or even worse; circle pad ball fondlers like on the 3DS
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's...